Skip to main content
Topic: Upcoming Upgrade (Read 36714 times)

Re: Upcoming Upgrade

Reply #25

I figured out the problem, but I might hold it off for a couple more days.

If I might ask....I know I'm not alone in this wonderment......specifically, in layman's terms please, why the migration/upgrade?

Is this forum not working well as it stands, requiring your drastic intervention/action?

Is it causing grief to you & danger to us that we are all unaware of? 

If this upgrade were simply transparent, then by all means.

As the 'owner' you can do as you please in the end, but I would like to think we will all benefit from your hard work too.

Reply #26
If I might ask....I know I'm not alone in this wonderment......specifically, in layman's terms please, why the migration/upgrade?

Better security, better mobile compatibility without me having to redo practically everything, better extensibility without me having to rewrite in the source making updates harder to apply, the fact that I wanted to create a new theme anyway, etc.

Edit: And I'm sure you're going to love quick edit for when you noticed you made a typo just after posting.

If this upgrade were simply transparent, then by all means.

It is. This isn't like the new Opera forum. ;)

Reply #27
We will lose WAP, I suspect. How about RSS?

Reply #28
RSS is the same as always.

Reply #29
Alright, this should do it. Please let me know if anything appears broken.

Reply #30
Alright, this should do it.

That was faster than the half hour message that I saw.

May need some tweaking yet though.

The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #31
Should've been fixed while you were posting. :cheers:

Reply #32
Should've been fixed while you were posting.

And as if by magic...  :D
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #33
RSS is limited to very few last posts only :(

whine whine  :cry:

Reply #35
Fixed. Will 50 do?
120  :knight:

Good we got to keep the stats. Is it now easier to keep track of browser identifiers and include them in the stats?

Reply #36
Oh yes!

Mobile experience is so much better! I can actually click things (like 'goto last') without accidentally selecting something else. Lol.

I may start occasionally posting from my phone again. :)

Reply #37
Good we got to keep the stats. Is it now easier to keep track of browser identifiers and include them in the stats?
There are some integration hooks available that I don't think were there in SMF, but I haven't really given it any thought.

Oh yes!

Mobile experience is so much better! I can actually click things (like 'goto last') without accidentally selecting something else. Lol.
Yup, that was one of the things I wanted. :yes: If you want to add the website to the home screen you should also get a fairly decent DnD icon.

Reply #40
In mobile mode, the font sizes within a post vary wildly between the quoted portion and the rest of the message. Any way to equalise the font sizes?

Reply #41
Tulips???  :doh:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #42
@Belfrager

I also have no liking for the background image. It should be possible to switch it off for a solid colour.

My two recent posts were from mobile phone, with Dolphin browser and Lightning browser. They identify as Chrome. That sucks.

Reply #43
I also have no liking for the background image. It should be possible to switch it off for a solid colour.
I suppose it was "Dutch humor"... :)
Still a bit lost around... but it has potential, congratulations Frenzie.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #44
Gonna take some getting used to, but I like it better already.  :yes:

Reply #46
    :cheers:  Nice job Frenzie...... an so, so perrrrrty too!  :queen: 

'Coony will just be soo besides himself with glee!

BTW..... I think they be Crocuses in the background, no?  Whatever, day jus be so dang perrrty! 

➤ ➤  Is  Quick Quote  still a work in progress/on the  'to do' list??

Also, are there any other BBCodes/Tags we can use for text formatting in here ..... some of the SM Boards Tags don't work in here, so maybe the nomenclature is different or nonexistent? 

Like, for one example, what BBcode .. Tag do we use to insert a video? 

For all our information ......  Is there a  'complete' list of BBCodes/Tags   that can be used in this forum....something like what we had in our other forum??

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Category:Bulletin_Board_Code

ElkArte
doesn't seem to place much importance on it....the link it provides on it's site is a brick wall/dead end. Their "USER HELP" leaves much to be desired.

On the brighter side, I think the transition will take a bit,        investigating this, investigating that,        but in the long run it will work out just fine as long as we can find how to do everything we were able to do (hopefully more ), as we were capable of doing on the good ole SM DND Forum.    Godspeed  Frenzie  Godspeed!   

Reply #47
It's harder to browse the site with Elinks now. Everything seems to work, but the design is a bit...

For example, can you try out quoting someone's post and then find where it's quoted? I eventually found it, but the form looks overly tiny in Elinks. It should be as large as the Quick Reply hole. This is how it was with the former design.

Reply #48
In mobile mode, the font sizes within a post vary wildly between the quoted portion and the rest of the message. Any way to equalise the font sizes?
Quoted text is marginally smaller. Do you have a screenshot?