Skip to main content
Topic: Opera Forum - The Lounge (Read 9423 times)

Re: Opera Forum - The Lounge

Reply #1
Opera and it's Lounge are now dead to me.

Fcku them.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmm2k4fRUO4[/video]

Reply #2

Fcku them.

Yeah.....ditto that.....OPERA dot WHATEVER can suck wind out of a dead camels ass!

Ohhh, & I hope its drippin wet too!!!!

The stench of those puss laden festering scab OPERA forums can gag a maggot!

As the Col sez..... Fcku them.

Reply #3

Fcku them.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmm2k4fRUO4[/video]

Ditto!

WTF, Beethoven is not available for my country (Germany) because of copyright regulations?
Fcku Sony Music Entertainment and YouTube too  :mad:

Reply #4
lol, nothing like performing Ludwig van in New York to keep it away from those pesky Germans.

Reply #5
I seem to remember being ridden out of town on a rail. Opera couldn't wait to dump all of its MyOpera users on the street, we were given a few months to pack up our things and get out. Now they have a Lounge? Good for them. Maybe they can gather in it and figure out how to treat people right-- it might be a new experience.

I doubt that I'll be back anyway. I've had to spread my things to the four winds, and have no intention of trying that again with them.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #6
Some people love to complain about things they pay nothing for.

Reply #7
I just had a look-see. Not impressed. The new effort is considerably less than the site we had.

Note: True, MyOpera was free. So is this site we're on right now. So is Vivaldi, 2liv3 and millions of other sites on the Internet. It's not the price that's the problem.

Right now, I'm paying to have my own "domain name" on my blog. I'm considering-- seriously considering-- paying more for the premium there. It looks like, with a bit of imagination on my part, it might be worth it to pay upwards of a hundred and a half per year to have blog space that allows me to do what needs doing. The premium allows 13 gigabytes of storage, so there's space to store photos to use there and elsewhere. So-- it's not the price. It's the way the people in charge regard their users that make the difference. When Opera ASA made it plain that MyOpera was for their amusement and when they got tired of it they were ready to run us all out of town, that told me that I needed to go elsewhere. Now they put up something that isn't half what we had and think we should be overjoyed-- nope, not gonna happen. Free or at any other price.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #8
They get a resounding Meh from me. I don't see why I would want to go there.

Reply #9
Since Opera allowed us to use the smilies, forum-wise we've got pretty much everything My Opera had. Opera meanwhile hasn't really got anything at all. I don't understand it, but heck at least it doesn't make my effort the least bit in vain.

Reply #10
Indeed, we even have a browser tech support forum now :right:

Reply #11
@SF and Krake:  :cheers:

Also, @Krake: I never have understood why YouTube pulls that crap. Have a :beer: on me.

Reply #12
 :cheers:

Reply #14

Indeed, we even have a browser tech support forum now :right:

The anyone who purports to know everything (wait Josh) about any particular browser (sit still Josh, be patient) should raise their hands now for the auspiciously dubious position of honorary

[glow=black,2,300]'Resident DnD Genius Extraordinaire'[/glow]

(pssst...now Josh now.......here's yer chance for unsung glory!

Reply #16
And Btw., is it only me beeing blind or is the new OF not mentioned/linked on the main pages of O*.com? I always have to go (never bookmarked it so far) via the old dead address or via their dev-blogs... :sigh:

P.S.: as I've visited their side not only with 12.16 but also with firefox I am not thinking conspiracy here :cheers:

Reply #18
 :yikes: Damned - and where is it hidden?

Reply #19
Lift your gown.

Reply #20
It's still clearly made for a phone. How hard can it be for the css to take into account horizontal resolution of the screen instead of making it so vertical and centred?

Reply #21

Lift your gown.

:furious: That's a tunic! Not a gown!  :ko:

P.S.: I've made up my Pseudo as a (Tub)MUD user derived from Sha(dowA)n(d)Dra(gon) in the early 90's of the last century, unaware that it was/is an anglo-saxon female name... :sigh: :cheers: