Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 258737 times)

Re: What's Going on in the Americas?

Reply #50

Jay Carney is Obama's spokesman and quite often he make remarks on Russian propaganda. So far so good.
The funny thing is that his kitchen is decorated with Soviet propaganda of the 20ies and the 40ies.

How about old Soviet propaganda adapted to US needs?

Two observations. That kitchen is absolute insanity. There's enough food laying around to feed a battalion of Russian troops in Crimea. The  magazine article is nauseating drivel.
Della is not easily swayed. She hates pink. Nor does she like to brush her hair. The daughter of Shipman and Jay Carney, President Obama’s press secretary, isn’t the kind of young girl interested in pleasing her Washington-power-couple parents, or any of the adults around her on the photo shoot for that matter. She is funny, sweet, and obviously smart, but she’s not going to budge for braids and patterned shirts.

Reply #51
Birth defect again found at high rate in south-central Washington
The explanation might be a perfect storm of social, economic, genetic and environmental factors, said epidemiologist Mandy Stahre, who is assigned to Washington state by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

They’re not focused near the Hanford site

Not focused near the Hanford site? Really?

"We're really concerned about the fact that the anencephaly rates are still so high," said Mandy Stahre, an Epidemic Intelligence Service officer with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention based in Washington state. "We were sort of hoping that this may have been a statistical anomaly or would go away."
source

Hanford Nuclear Reservation Tanks Leaking Radioactive Waste Underground, Governor Inslee Says

Reply #52
Doesn't particularly look that way, but it would take analysis to tell. Anencephaly  (those tube you really would want tied) rates vary, presumably for genetic reasons. They are particularly high in parts of England, as I remember.

Reply #53
Cliven Bundy is a hot ticket in the U.S. today. A classic racist, he wonders if the Negro wasn't better off under slavery than he is today living off the white man's government subsidy. This from wealthy cheat who hasn't paid for using public land to graze his cattle for twenty years. His political friends in the Republican Party are scrambling for cover...that is, the sane ones.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/ucrk7y/apocalypse-cow---welfare-rancher

Reply #54
Now what a very appropriate thought on the consistency of the Republicans.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #55
I seem to remember saying, in another thread, that Josh should step away from the vodka-- he'd obviously had too much, or words to that effect. I now have it on the very best authority that certain Americans would do well to step away from the Kentucky Bourbon, they've had too much as well.

As proof, I present to you exhibit A. Some genius has come up with the idea that America needs a new/old weapon, a weapon of extreme biological warfare. Of course, I refer to Godzilla.

The idea, as near as I could make out from the story, is to study Godzilla from the old Japanese horror-monster movies, create him, then unleash him on our enemies. He could march on the enemy encampment, spreading nuclear death-rays as he advances and causing the enemy to shout "Hey, Godzilla, Tokyo is that way." Then, they run in terror as the giant lizard vaporizes their tanks.

Problem: How to keep Godzilla from turning on his "masters" and tearing up an American outpost? The big lizard might not understand that we're his "friends" and that could make for a real battlefield problem. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

http://io9.com/u-s-military-expert-unveils-a-strategy-for-deploying-g-1567405876
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #56
Godzilla Methodology? What's in a name…

Reply #58
Well I never. The things you learn here.

Reply #59

Reply #60
A lot happens at South America, nothing happens at North America.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #61
What's happening in South America?

Reply #63
From Venezuelan hallucination to Brazil playing rich thanks to oil, the entire continent is on the move.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #64
One thing that appears to have happened, at least according to a recent political ad, is that somebody finally recognized that Illinois has a one-party system. Problem: It was a Republican candidate challenging a Democrat candidate, and failing to recognize just how bad it really is here. We have a one-party system with two heads. One head is Democrat and the other is Republican, but for all practical purposes in Illinois it's the same corrupt party. Elect a new governor, and whether it's a Democrat or a Republican the first thing he'll want to do is raise taxes and engage in pay-to-play politics. We have former governors from "both" parties either presently serving time or have served time for corruption.

So--- in November, should I vote for the Democrook or the Republicrook? What a choice! :cry:
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #65
My Father used to say "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards".

Reply #66
Unfortunately mjsmsprt40 you actually don't have much of a choice over there. The big two make dashed sure that no-one else will get into their way of working and in turn weakens democracy.

Reply #67
Independence Day for us, the US, is this friday.   :cheers:

Reply #68
And my Boyne annual commemoration on Saturday. Will be in my best atire of course along with 8,000 others parading. By all means enjoy your day and I forgive you for your mistake over 2 centuries ago and how you ended up.  :D

Reply #69

And my Boyne annual commemoration on Saturday. Will be in my best atire of course along with 8,000 others parading. By all means enjoy your day and I forgive you for your mistake over 2 centuries ago and how you ended up.  :D

I understand your wanting to be an American and all, but this is "What's going on in the Americas?", which does not include the old imperial motherland, thankee kindly.

Reply #70
Dear oh dear American nationalist. Threads never stay always on the course as you well know.  By all means celebrate your mistake! As for my 5th July and the subsequent success of William 3rd, he introduced the Bill of Rights which was an influence on your initial leaders so fits in nicely with this thread actually. it is just a pity that the country your founders envisaged never came into fruition even after two plus centuries.

What you do need today however, is another revolution because the present system isn't working.It's a shame for the tens of millions of poor and those that have had their loyalty stolen by money creeps. Maybe they will put up a speed limit sign at Washington's grave, eh? 

Reply #71
The Secret Government Rulebook For Labeling You a Terrorist
The Obama administration has quietly approved a substantial expansion of the terrorist watchlist system, authorizing a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist

Take care  :devil:

Reply #72
Colonel, anyone wanting to be an American should book an interview with a head shrinker first. It is so nationalistic to the point of a groan. Independence - eh? The corporates stole your revolution.

Reply #73

The Secret Government Rulebook For Labeling You a Terrorist
The Obama administration has quietly approved a substantial expansion of the terrorist watchlist system, authorizing a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist

Take care  :devil:

Witch hunts past and present. I wonder if or when we ever will learn from history, and shudder at the thought that it may never happen. In the 1600s, people were hanged and occasionally burned because they were declared-- on the flimsiest of "evidence"-- to be in cahoots with Satan. In 1950's America, the surest way to ruin was to be thought of as a "communist" even though there was no evidence whatsoever to back up the claim. Get suspected-- suspected, no worse-- and you could be blacklisted from being able to work and in certain cases could face prison time. Your friends, family and associates would all be watched too. Other witch hunts have come and gone too-- you can look it up, it comes with different names but it's the same old garbage in a different package.

Today, it seems "terrorist" is the witch of the hour. No proof of any kind needed-- just have somebody put your name on a list with no evidence to back up his claim, and the only way you'll fly is if you grow feathers. At the very least. You may lose your job, your freedom and your friends, family and associates could be watched.

I just saw a "Star Trek TNG" clip where they were having a witch-hunt trying to find suspected saboteurs on the Enterprise. Seems even in the far future, they still won't be able to learn from the past. I worry about us.

Reply #74
Yes, it is sad that the word terrorist is overused and sometimes without any serious thinking thus putting some in an ill-defined corner.