Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 258738 times)

Re: What's Going on in the Americas?

Reply #25

it could came up with the same results anywhere in Europe too

Could it?... I doubt it very much (except if you ask people about historical facts and figures)

Course the "study" was an anecdote as such, what's funny is that a real study would have given even worst results.
That explains the entire American policy and politics, basically "what's going on" there.

What explains the " entire American policy and politics"? A "real" study that wasn't actually made?
Are you rjh in disguise?

Reply #27
Forget what?

Reply #29

The above picture I came across today is funny and also an interesting one because it tells a lot about Mr Obama.

Anybody guessing what I'm referring to?

Reply #30
No

Reply #31
The telephone?

Reply #32
He likes his coffee in a cup, not a mug?

Reply #33
Does anybody of you have a writing desk at home? Did anybody of you work at a writing desk for a while?

Nope, the telephone on the left side is OK, so you can make notices (with your right hand) while phoning.
Nope, to enjoy your coffee in a coup is the courtly way to do it.

Hint: If you have a writing desk at home something might be placed differently as in the picture above.
Something dear and important to you ;)

Reply #34
Actually I have a bunch of pictures and cards behind me, not in front of me. But taking notes with your right hand? What an odd idea. :)

Reply #35
He's left handed, so the coffee cup....

Reply #36

Actually I have a bunch of pictures and cards behind me, not in front of me.

Well, then you might have much in common with Obama. :devil:
Normally, people put the picture of someone dear on the desktop so he/she can sometimes look at it and not behind his/her ass on a radiator or whatever.
Only a showman will pile up such (and so many) pictures that way :)

He's left handed, so the coffee cup....

I thought he is right handed. I've checked now. Indeed he is left handed. So you have been right about the telephone even so it wasn't what I had in mind. I hope he won't strangle himself with the phone cable during work :D

Reply #38

Actually I have a bunch of pictures and cards behind me, not in front of me.

Well, then you might have much in common with Obama. :devil:
Normally, people put the picture of someone dear on the desktop so he/she can sometimes look at it and not behind his/her ass on a radiator or whatever.
Only a showman will pile up such (and so many) pictures that way :)

Now you know Obama's secret. He's a showman.

We seem to have a bad habit of electing showmen. Maybe it's a requirement of television, you have to put on a good show to even be considered. It's been suggested that some of our greatest presidents never could have been elected if they had to run in front of TV cameras like they do today.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #40
He's left handed

Awesome!

Indeed he is left handed. So you have been right about the telephone even so it wasn't what I had in mind. I hope he won't strangle himself with the phone cable during work

I had my phone on the left side of my desk when I still had one. :P

Reply #41
Only a showman will pile up such (and so many) pictures that way

What are you expecting from someone that is a Nobel prize just because he's black?
And what are you expecting from a society that gives him a Nobel prize because of such reason?

At least the other one had an assistant behind the desk... but since he was not black he didn't had a Nobel prize.
Poor Lewinsky, so much dedication for nothing...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #44
Afraid i feel a need to state my deep disagreement with you jimbro. Salad Cream with my lettuce.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #46

What are you expecting from someone that is a Nobel prize just because he's black.

Does anybody here have a list of Black people who haven't received a Nobel Prize?

I have two great-grandsons who are Black. Wonder what chance they have for a NP.

Reply #47
That is an interesting point actually even if they were not aware of your tree.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #48
Jay Carney is Obama's spokesman and quite often he make remarks on Russian propaganda. So far so good.
The funny thing is that his kitchen is decorated with Soviet propaganda of the 20ies and the 40ies.

How about old Soviet propaganda adapted to US needs?