Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 231965 times)

Re: What's Going on in the Americas?

Reply #1500
...........Remember when Tea Party seemed like a huge nation-wide movement? They are still around, but not as a party with candidates and other requisites needed to get representatives into parliament and government. For Forward to get any limelight, they need a charismatic figurehead. But they don't have it and won't, so it is a total Abort Retry Fail in my humble opinion.

There was a movement from back then when there was also a lot of dissatisfaction with the Two Major Political Parties. The movement suggested that rather than creating yet another Party, that registered voters in both the Republican & Democratic Parties, or any Party for that matter, leave these parties by simply re-registering as an "Independent"........

"Independent" is not a Political Party, it just says to the 2 major parties that we, the "Independent" Voters, are no longer beholden to any party, & that these 2 Political Parties can no longer take us, the "Independent" Voters, these 2 Political Parties can no longer take us for granted or be counted on for our support.

The only negative aspect of being an Independent Voter (Non-affiliated voter) is that unless the State's Primary Voting rules state otherwise, a non-affiliated voter can not vote in the primaries of any party.

See the estimated strength of all major Party-affiliated & Non-Party-affiliated American Voters  in Wikipedia.

Since the 'Independent Movement started over 15 years ago, the ranks of the Independent voters has swelled to over 35 Million.....that's 35 Million+  highly-motivated voters the Democrats & Republicans can't take for granted or counted on for support.....these votes have to be won over the hard way.....by their platform & policy appeal.

See Gallop Polls breakdown by percentage

PS........JFYI, the USA does not have, & will never have, a Parliament....we have 2 Houses of Congress that basically run on Parliamentary procedures & rules unique to each.
     In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply #1501
I always liked the cheekiness of the Bond flick Never Say Never Again's title.

Reply #1502
PS........JFYI, the USA does not have, & will never have, a Parliament....we have 2 Houses of Congress that basically run on Parliamentary procedures & rules unique to each. [/i][/font][/size]
When it fulfils the role of a parliament, as in parliamentary procedures, then it is a parliament.

Not that you will ever learn it, but FYI in Europe the different countries have things like Bundestag, Riksdag, Staten-Generaal, Assemblée fédérale, Eduskunta etc. Many constitutions don't literally spell out that these are parliaments, but they are. It's just a name thing... like every country has a different name, but they are all countries.

Edit: Here's a simple way to gauge what the chances are for a third party in USA: Since 1950's, there has been only an occasional single stray independent in the House of Representatives[1] or in the Senate.[2] There was some diversity of parties earlier for a while, but not later.

It is quite conceivable that at some point the party landscape will be upset. There may emerge two new major parties or some diversity for a while. However, I'm sure that the future of Yang's party is to fall quickly into a more thorough obsurity than the Tea Party.

Reply #1504
Not quickly enough. :) Now it's not found.

Reply #1506
Sweet, now I saw. :)