Skip to main content
Topic: Scottish Radio (Read 16492 times)

Re: Scottish Radio

Reply #25
NECR
What time is it in Scotland?:)
Here's their recent programming must be:
Ceilidh Hour
From 6.00pm to 7.00pm each night we air our very popular "Ceilidh Hour" featuring the best Scottish Traditional music and song, which is extremely popular with older listeners.

Country Jamboree
From 7.00pm to 10.00pm nightly it's the "Country Jamboree" featuring the very best of Irish Country and American Country music, again a very popular programme with our listeners in the North East.

Reply #27
Luxor, do you like Irish music?

I like The Undertones but I don't think that's what you mean by Irish music. 
It depends on what it is really, some of it's OK, not a great fan of it though. It's like traditional Scottish music a lot of the time, must be a Gaelic thing.
What does "Ceilidh" mean?

A party, a social gathering. An excuse to dance and  play/listen to music, while drinking vast amounts of whisky. (last bit is optional)

The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #28
Ho! I seem getting the idea, thanks:up:  (Do you think the presenter(s) consume whiskey'n'rye during the hour?;))

Reply #29
(Do you think the presenter(s) consume whiskey'n'rye during the hour? ;) )

I'm not one for spreading rumours about people... 
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #32
What about Original 106   (quite pop for me, na) or, rather, like Real XS or something?
Did you hear Real XS Scotland "magically turns into" XFM Scotland?

I rarely listen to the radio these days, they don't really play the stuff I like. It's for da kidz innit. 
Any station that does play the stuff I would listen too, tends to replay the same stuff over and over, so much you get fed up listening to it.

Reply #34

Re: Radio

Reply #36
ׂ

Reply #39
Aye right Banned Member. Came across this thread and the nippy wee dig earlier but of no problem of course. A long while back now i said I was proud to be Scottish (as well) so won't be apologising for anything! Don't listen much to the radio as have always been an active man.As a wee boy I did and on Wednesdays near 7pm I used to listen to it on the BBC Scottish service as there was accordion country dance music before I went to the Life boys and soritng out my uniform.  :D
"Quit you like men:be strong"