Skip to main content
Topic: Otter 0.3.01 Released (Read 10785 times)

Otter 0.3.01 Released

Release Notes

0.3.01 (01.03.2014):
- added option to set custom User Agent (for single tab or whole application);
- added support for proxy auto-config (PAC);
- added option to decide if JavaScript should be able to show status messages;
- implemented "Reuse Current Tab" option;
- various small fixes.

Source: https://github.com/Emdek/otter/blob/master/CHANGELOG

PS This post is made in Otter 0.3.01

Re: Otter 0.3.01 Released

Reply #1
It's kind of boring release (mostly various bug fixes), I've planned more user visible changes, but life had other plans. ;-)
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #3
Huh, I just compiled the latest changes and it crashes. Just the other day it simply said something like "script can't write data".

Reply #4
Weird, for me it only shows that popup:
Your browser does not allow data to be written. Please make sure you use default browser settings.

Is there any backtrace?

Reply #5
Tell me how and I'll give it to you. Right now it just says
Code: [Select]
Starting /home/frans/src/build-otter-Desktop_Qt_5_2_0_GCC_64bit-Debug/otter-browser...
The program has unexpectedly finished.
/home/frans/src/build-otter-Desktop_Qt_5_2_0_GCC_64bit-Debug/otter-browser crashed

Reply #6
My update manner:

- The previous (very first?) release I built with Yaourt package builder
- The current one came via regular update channel (pamac)

Machine specs: Dell Inspiron 15-3521 Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 997 @ 1.60GHz, RAM 4096MB
kernel 3.10.30-1-MANJARO x86_64

Edit: The crash occurs merely by opening this link https://mega.co.nz/#!txIEFKCD!e056bT4WW5Gz1HpX4LWSTGreuUlJpwi_uL66S_WRaYk
When I launch Otter from terminal and visit the link, it leaves the message something like Memory Area Surpassed (translated from Finnish)

Reply #7
@Frenzie, could you please run it in debug mode (button under standard Run in QtCreator)?
Then it should show some output in bottom pane when crash occurs.
I haven't yet figured "civilized" way to copy that output, so screenshot seems to be only option (please resize columns with paths etc. first).

Reply #8
I am utterly confused. I pulled in the latest commit and now I get this message again:

Your browser does not allow data to be written. Please make sure you use default browser settings.

Edit: aha! You need to follow the link from a website (or at least this forum), not paste it in the addressbar. Is a debug still necessary with that info?

Edit 2: screenshot

Reply #9
@Frenzie, good catch, now I can reproduce it. ;-)

Reply #10

It's kind of boring release (mostly various bug fixes), I've planned more user visible changes, but life had other plans. ;-)

Get married?  ;D
Some users like otter in Russia & China now, it's good enough for an alpha stage software.

p.s. i suggest make speed dial first.
Fortuna fortes juvat.

Reply #11
@jasonliul, not yet. :-D

Yes, speed dial like start page is must have for first beta.

Reply #12
Maybe you should submit otter to softpedia to get more attention. This site always friendly to personal project.
http://www.softpedia.com/
Fortuna fortes juvat.

Reply #14
Anyway, that's good job, pal.

After Midori, Qupzilla, there're very few lightweight web browser worth to try.
Otter just a surprise.
Fortuna fortes juvat.

Reply #15
mega.co.nz crash is now fixed, thanks for report.

Reply #16
Not really sure if it's okay to post here since from what I've seen it's a developer conversation thread, but I just wanted to say...
IT'S AWESOME!
I've been really trying to like the new Opera, but I already use Chrome, so it seems very, very redundant. I was hoping Opera would quickly move back into the pioneering profile it once had, but no joy.
I just want to say that I really appreciate what you guys are doing! This is a great project, and I'm really encouraged that I'll enjoy using Otter. This release is the first I've tried (just heard of your project tonight on the Google+ Opera community!), and I'm very excited for what the future holds.
As a user of Firefox, Chrome, Opera old and new, Pale Moon, Maxthon, IE and every other browser I've been able to download and try, I'll tell you that what's important for me is organizational ability. Speed Dial, an efficient bookmarking system, total customization and every Swiss Army knife feature you can throw in that will aid my productivity. Simple, huh? :D It's what turned me on to the original Opera, and from what I read, it's where you're headed.
Looking forward to it! Cheers!