Skip to main content
Topic: Feature Requests (Read 92975 times)

Grouping bookmarks

Reply #225
Is it somehow possible to mark several bookmarks to be opened as a group?
Maybe via a marker set by right-click or in bookmarks manager.

Re: Grouping bookmarks

Reply #226

Maybe via a marker set by right-click or in bookmarks manager.

You mean like in Opera you can select random items with Ctrl+Click and open them by Enter? Would be nice to have in Otter too, yes.

Re: Grouping bookmarks

Reply #227

:no: ,only with confirmation, please! I once accidentally opened all of my Opera bookmarks... The only sensible solution is to quit the program immediately.

Re: Feature Requests

Reply #228

:no: ,only with confirmation, please! I once accidentally opened all of my Opera bookmarks... The only sensible solution is to quit the program immediately.

There's WarnOpenBookmarkFolder in about:config and it works for me. Doesn't it work for you?

Reply #229
Scroll x lines/pages with mouse wheel setting

Reply #230

There's WarnOpenBookmarkFolder in about:config and it works for me. Doesn't it work for you?

I tried this thing:

• Create a bookmarks folder

• Fill it with a few bookmarks

• Assign a unique keyword to the bookmark folder

• Open up the QuickBookmark thingie (Shift+F2 by default) and type the keyword (also the normal address field is okay for this step)

• A warning pops up

This is sufficiently considerate, IMHO. I guess a random selection would work the same way.

Reply #231

Doesn't it work for you?

It probably does, I never tried. According to your and rincewind's posts it is not possible to open multiple bookmarks so it didn't come to my mind that there might already be a warning against doing what as yet cannot be done.  :)

Reply #232

Doesn't it work for you?

It probably does, I never tried. According to your and rincewind's posts it is not possible to open multiple bookmarks so it didn't come to my mind that there might already be a warning against doing what as yet cannot be done.  :)

Multiple bookmarks can be opened. Entire folders can be opened.

A random selection of multiple bookmarks cannot be opened in Otter, but can be opened in Opera.

Reply #233
I like favicons - but only coming along with my saved Bookmarks in my Bookmarks Bar...
Everywhere else I don't need them. Is there any chance of such an option?

And compared to other Browsers Opera (Presto) showed the remaining time of a download "minimized" in the taskbar - probably you know what I mean.

By the way: What do I have exactly to do in order to test and to start Otter portable?

Reply #234
@florian17, it's a good timing, as storage of favicons is currently planned to be overhauled:
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/820
In case of favicons I'm currently considering an option to manually set icon per bookmark (with ability to import them and set that way if possible), separate from main storage (basically embedding them into our bookmarks.xbel).

Do you mean remaining time as window title, which in turn was shown there?

To use it as portable you simply need to extract files into one folder and then start otter-browser.exe with parameter --portable, then profile data and cache will be stored in subfolders of that directory.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #236
@kanakomoerer, thanks.
Although there is one issue, that list doesn't contain update URL...
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Context menu: Close all tabs on the right side

Reply #237
and let the tabs on the left side stay open

Reply #240
@ersi, when grouping will become available then we could consider "private groups", having cookie jar set per group, the same way like is currently done for opening new tabs from private one, they share single, private cookie jar.

Emdek, if you can, please look here, I mistakenly created a new topic. But, looks like some developers solved that problem, at least Firefox, and Brave:

https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=3359.0

Reply #241
I have one more feature request:
It would be great to switch the browser engine while running Otter browser! So that you could easily view a page rendered be different web enginges (first using the default renderer, then witch to another one, maybe to another version etc.).
This is useful 1. If a pager isn't rendered correctly in a special browser engine and
2. This is especially useful for web developers who could easily test pages using different engines!
This would be a quite nice feature, right??

Or is this possible right now? As far as I know, the browser engine can be chosen (webkit or blink) at compile time, right?

Reply #242
It would be great to switch the browser engine while running Otter browser! So that you could easily view a page rendered be different web enginges (first using the default renderer, then witch to another one, maybe to another version etc.).
This is useful 1. If a pager isn't rendered correctly in a special browser engine and
2. This is especially useful for web developers who could easily test pages using different engines!
This would be a quite nice feature, right??

Or is this possible right now? As far as I know, the browser engine can be chosen (webkit or blink) at compile time, right?
You can switch between WebKit and WebEngine through the Backends/Web option in about:config. But I'm not sure you can switch live (I doubt it would even be feasible); you'll probably have to restart the browser.
Right now on Windows there's a separate "experimental" WebEngine version. So both browser engines are available for download. The WebEngine version is experimental because many features you take for granted in WebKit must be implemented manually in WebEngine. But I guess some time in the near future, both browser engines will be fully and equally supported and maybe we'll see them both bundled in the same setup. Or it may be too big to download, I don't know. You'll have to wait for @Emdek to shed some light on the matter.
On BSD and Linux, if you have fairly up-to-date packages you should already have access to both engines.

A much better alternative that is also readily available is to simply run two concurrent instances, each with it's own profile and cache directory (hint: --profile and --cache command line switches).