Skip to main content
Topic: Questions to the Developer (Read 37192 times)

Re: Questions to the Developer

Reply #100
Are there any changes in page scrolling, around since build #72? Earlier versions of Otter have a bit tight scrolling on Windows, but since build #72 or whatever it become better, more similar to Opera 12.

Reply #101
@Freeman, newest packages (in case of 32 bit, v2 ones) are built against Qt 5.4.2, so it is most likely upstream change.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #102
In build #75, scrolling become more tight, like in Chrome. I reverted my update to the previous beta.

Reply #103
1. sorry to bother you, but why doesn't password manager is the main goal? Why isn't progressing anywhere?
Nice browser though, nearly the best, one of my favourite, but this lacking feature is annoying to me.
2. How am I able to set the width of the search bar?
And then... something happened.
(the Narrator)

Reply #104
@denes, passwords manager is one of main goals for next beta.
Setting width per item is currently not possible but is planned (most likely we will save only ratio, it seems to be a good idea to avoid situations where search field could end up longer than address field when resizing window).

Questions to the Developer

Reply #105
Hi

I’m currently in the process of putting together an interview with the developer of BEEP and thought I would give you, the community the opportunity to offer up any questions you might have. Il be seeking questions for the next 24-48 hours so feel free to ask away. The questions can be on anything regarding the development process to the final product.

Thanks
David
Если дела идут плохо не ходи с ними.

Questions to the Developer

Reply #106
Good suggestion, Smooth. Ill be interested to see what you come up with regarding the three questions. Try and give the forum members a fair shot.
Если дела идут плохо не ходи с ними.

Reply #108
@ersi, it's unused value that could be used to iterate values in enumeration.

To open active link in external application you can use OpenUrlAction with application parameter to select command and urlPlaceholder set to {linkUrl} (or {pageUrl}, there are more values too).

Reply #109
To open active link in external application you can use OpenUrlAction with application parameter to select command and urlPlaceholder set to {linkUrl} (or {pageUrl}, there are more values too).
Thank you.

What are the other values? Is there a value to launch a selection of text (as highlighted by mouse) in an external application?

Reply #110
@ersi, available values are: clipboard, frameUrl, imageUrl, linkUrl, mediaUrl, pageUrl, selection (of course all require {}).