Skip to main content
Topic: Today's Good News (Read 155836 times)

Re: Today's Good News

Reply #600
His Holyness, Pope Francis, survived without any armoured car in Egypt.
He went to embrasse our beloved Muslim brothers because we are all children of God.

This one has balls, that I recognise.
Now he comes to Fátima.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #601
Oyr Muslim brothers?? (groan  :faint: )
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Oyr?

Reply #602
Whoever Oyr is, he and his brothers are welcome here.

Reply #603
Well you speak for yourself and as Islam spreads it brings death, destruction wherever. In my country the authorities have had to admit a constant problem on people supporting militancy and working on bombs and such. It is the same and often much worse over on the European continent. One regularity is the danger and the numbers who support the idiots who live on such.

Reply #604
Whoever Oyr is, he and his brothers are welcome here.
You do know, Barulheira. that you're inviting RJ and his ilk to your country? :)

And BTW: Have you a local chapter of ISIS yet? (Yes, you know you do… At least you would, if you pay attention. Please understand, I don't want your country to experience the violence they perpetrate. But, if you don't care, you'll deserve what you get.)

So: I'll ask again, if we have contentious opinions, shouldn't we take to another thread?

(string, I again thank you for starting this thread, so long ago!)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Muslims

Reply #605
Muslims and ISIS aren't the same thing.
There are several Muslim communities in the larger cities, and we don't have been having trouble with them so far - at least not because of religious affairs. We have enough trouble with our own Catholic citizens. :right:
ISIS hasn't been around here, and they have better places to spread their terrorist propaganda elsewhere.
So: I'll ask again, if we have contentious opinions, shouldn't we take to another thread?
You're welcome.

Reply #606
You're welcome.
Good. You get the last word (I hope).
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #607
Because South America is too far away is an advantage but it does not water down the fact that Islam IS a global danger. They have flooded into places like Europe and my country and of course there are moderates in that corner but the number of supporters of militancy run into the tens of millions. Here ever week or two another person is arrested for planning something. Violence across Europe  is not the corner of Roman Catholics, Protestant or Humanism it is Islam. Mohammed was an evil git and his life style proves it hence the violence their immigrants bring with them. Moderate Muslims do a body swerve on that and we had two cities here in GB where the widespread sexual activity of groups of Muslim young men was widespread and a disgrace. They cannot get away with it with their own females but we "kaffirs"  -w ell the female ones are free game. By the end of this century my country and mainland europe will be a hell hole. :irked:

Reply #608
By the end of this century my country and mainland europe will be a hell hole.
ISIS is a pinprick, not an organization that  represents a major threat to any European nation. Within 10 years they won't be a threat to any nation, large or small. That will take us to 2027, at which date I'll be dead. Take me to task then...unless ISIS has conquered Scotland. Do you think that likely?
==========
"The start of 2016 saw the highest number of terrorism deaths in Western Europe since 2004, BBC research has revealed.
The first seven months of the year saw 143 deaths, which is also the second worst start to the year since 1980.
The Madrid train bombings in March 2004 left 191 people dead."
"In the first nine months of 2016, an estimated 27,875 people died in motor vehicle crashes on our (United States) roadways. That is an increase of about 8% compared to the 25,808 fatalities in the first nine months of 2015."
Ban cars!

Reply #610
Dear Mr Retired Tennessee, either delusion or a grey cell exercise but whichevere you are wrong.

Every week here the management of the Metropolitan Police, etc have admitted that there is a routine investigation week in and out of suspected danger people. Recently a faulty bomb that did not explode on the London tube and another where a man got stopped in the city centre of London with a bag full of large knives, etc. Look at France and what is going on over there. Other places in Europe are getting serious problems and saying ISIS will not last means nothing. There have been very controversial marches down south in England with Muslims including posters calling for the death of anyone decrying Islam. Others warning that they will not give in and will rule here in time. Muslims re in growing numbers here and set in the seven figures and still rising.  You do not have to say you are an ISIS person to be a damn danger and as their families sprout they will continue to grow and it will be the hard truth at the rate they come in and breed they will determine where this country for one will go.

The Mayor of London who is a Muslim said a couple of years back that moderate Muslims had become 'Uncle Toms'. He has since withdrawn it as the usual stuff but there is an element of truth in that. Two cities as i have stated were festooned with young Muslim squads of their teen and twenty age groups having a field day on sexual assaults, etc on local non-Muslim girls. The police had been on the deliberate back foot as had the authorities and then the whole ting exploded.

Moderate Muslims by and large say little - an odd organisation only but they do little or nothing to do anything about the increasing numbers of their young who are militant interested. They don't want to be seen nipping at their religion founded by that evil Mohammed. He advocated violence, bodies mutilated as well as killing of un-believers. Those parts of the Koran are suddenly forgotten about by the moderates. Muslims do not become part of communities they set up their own or take over places to be their own so multiculturalism means damn all to them.  You live in a big country not as we do so the problem is greater here AND in mainland Europe.As Islam grows the proportion of the tendency to be violent grows with it so this island and Europe is in for a hell so do try and realise things are very different than your big place. Oh and I would remind that ISIS is not the only dangerous Islamic danger.  :knight:

I will not be here when this country gets saturated but it does not stop me feeling sad about the damn future.

Reply #612
And the world's present imperial country will fail too. None of which circumvents what we on this island are going to get in the future decades as I directly and practically indicated.

Reply #613
Islamic Sate is defeated.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #614
Yeah in the battlefield Belfrager but they have wekk settled in Europe and a damn dangerous crowd of religious fanatics to a weir religion.

Reply #615
Islamic Sate is defeated.
At least they lost control of Mosul (what's left of it) and is losing control of Raqqa. That is good news. But the conflicts they took advantage of and exacerbated are still there.

Reply #616
And they cause problems everywhere else too including here in Europe. The number of people arrested here in GB on suspected terrorist efforts is well into three figures and look what has recently happened in London and Manchester. Even worse on mainland Europe. It is the worst religion for terror anywhere and they flock here for the social benefits, etc. Trying to get democracy and Islam together is a damn mountain to climb.

Reply #617
The good news was about IS to be defeated, the bad news is why it took it so long... the battle for Mossul, 260 days long, it's already considered the biggest battle after WWII.

IS by itself it's an impossibility, someone created them and has been supporting them. Who?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #618
All this dwelling on the innards of the Islamic State moves it out of the purview of Good News. As fortune would have it we already have a califatalistic thread

Reply #619
Yep you are so right there IS a thread on that and should be kept there and not in this one. So to emphasise the good news I would inform that I took part in my annual Battle of The Boyne celebration parade in my city on the 12th July. Good weather, good crowd and good turnout to encourage my regalia! The three other parades in west, central and east of the country all had good turnouts to! :lol:

ps Going on today across in Ulster all over the place (big bonfires the night before)  :whistle:  :hat: .

Reply #620
Good news at the silly season, I like to read the technical posts at the Otter forum that I don't understand. (not sure if they do...)
Much better than being massacred with celebrities "life".
A matter of attitude.

Reply #621
Certainly good news for some:
Acute alcohol consumption may have beneficial effects on the pronunciation of a foreign language in people who have recently learned that language.
souce :)

Don't forget to drink some beer during your German lessons, some wine during your French lessons and some whiskey during your English lessons. :drunk:

Reply #622
If you want to learn Portuguese, you better drink some cool water. :left:

Reply #624
Yeah, that English r is a tough one. Some drink might shake it loose. :)