Skip to main content
Topic: Democracy in America… (Read 69100 times)

Re: Democracy in America…

Reply #275
I hope Sony makes a nice profit on it. Plus they were handed the sequel's plot on a silver platter…

Reply #276
When Richard J Daley tried to ban Mike Royko's book, Royko was thrilled. Nothing was better for book sales than somebody-- no less than the Mayor of Chicago, the "Boss" himself-- trying to ban it.

I think something similar could happen with this movie. Now, even if the movie isn't any good people will pay for it just because North Korea tried to ban it-- worldwide. It'll become a "must have"  because "Freedom of the Press".
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #277
This:
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #278
I think something similar could happen with this movie. Now, even if the movie isn't any good people will pay for it just because North Korea tried to ban it-- worldwide. It'll become a "must have"  because "Freedom of the Press".

Aka the Streisand effect. ;)

Reply #279
North Korea gets touchy and the US messes their broadband so the game continues. Mind you i will have to be cautious as I have to agree with President Obama  when he mildly made a criticism of the company delaying the film in cinemas.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #280
Kevin McCarthy, the fastest speaker of the House of Reps, quits Congress in the end of year. Some say that it's because Ghislaine snitched on him.