Skip to main content
Topic: What's going on on MyOpera & opera.com (Read 31753 times)

Re: What's going on on MyOpera & opera.com

Reply #51

Does anybody know what "Quick Quote" is all about?
Is it not working for you? It's intended to work just like on My Opera.

Oil makes everyone a good manager...

What?

Yeah, "what" is kinda what I'm thinking. :P

Reply #52

Does anybody know what "Quick Quote" is all about?
Is it not working for you? It's intended to work just like on My Opera.

The Quick reply box does not stay open. At least not in Webkit browsers I use.

The Quick quote procedure is like this:
1. Open up the Quick reply box
2. Select (highlight) some text from someone
3. Press Quick quote (in the corner of the same post, right?)
4. This should throw the highlighted text into Quick reply box as a quote

Reply #53
Ah, thanks! I can fix that.

In your forum looks near the bottom, I recommend to turn on "Use quick reply on topic display" by default. That's the default now, but it wasn't at the very beginning when you guys registered.

I'm not convinced the existence of that setting is a good thing. Perhaps I'll look into removing it.

Reply #54

Things are confusing. operamail.com is run by Fastmail, but mail.opera.com is the My Opera mail that will close… I don't know, sometime soon I suppose. ;)

Oil makes everyone a good manager...

What?

I explain you. Imagine that one of your parrots wants to be an astronaut. No money, expensive to make a parrot an astronaut.
But in Norway, they live from oil. Kind of the Saudi Arabia of Europe.
TT92's parrot wants to bean astronaut? no problem, he'll receive the funds for doing it, of course.

Same goes if you substitute a parrot's dream for someone's idea of a browser.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #55
Back on topic.
While we're not expecting anything to happen any time soon. Let us express ourselves: let's say a word to our passed Home... If you wish, as you wish, how you wish...
Myself, I was registered back in 2008, IIRC, when I started to explore Internet from a feature-phone with Opera Mini. Maybe it was earlier - '06~'07? Not sure...
It was great experience!
And I registered from phone, but wasn't really active on The Site till I purchased this mini-laptop. It was... well? 4 years? 5? some such time ago.
Yup, my memory is a mess..:/
Why I registered? Not sure either - maybe for fun, or having issues? Both? To have a company? (Nah, not that time..? Hm..) I just say that back then, I already registered for "the main board" - the English speaking community.
I loved (liked) English!:D I thought "my English was good":lol: Much later, attending the University (partially a bit earlier somehow), I realised quite well what a crap was what I tried to "sell" for "good English":)
Well, the Red O site step by step became a home for me. Quite undoubtedly I migrated to the forums. Blogging - I played with that, but didn't succeed, I think...
Had some photo. Get friends:))

Reply #56
Was a nice place for exercising my English :(
Now DnD is my secondary school :)

Reply #57

Curious..ever day that passes I speak English even worst than I did before joining...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #62

Dude! You have ME!:D
:D

OK :D
Could you please tell me what "ME!:D" means?

I think that was a "smiley" that failed to make it. "Now you have ME!  :D ". The space between words got left out so the smiley failed.

English is supposed to be one of the harder languages to get right, so for those of you who are doing this as a second language-- my hat is off to you for doing so well at it. American Midwest English is my native tongue, and sometimes it gets the best of me-- so I kind of get it that it's a struggle.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #63

American Midwest English is my native tongue, and sometimes it gets the best of me-- so I kind of get it that it's a struggle.

No problem Sir! We are eager to learn.
If we can cope with Glaswegian we'll do it with American Midwest English too. :)

Reply #64
How My Opera ended (Opera being Denethor of course)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfnOydG-Vo[/video]

Reply #68
Has pesala's account been hijacked or has he snapped for good?

Not his normal type of post that's for sure. I guess everybody has a breaking point and maybe he's reached his.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #69
 :rip: Opera is finally closed, so I rented one of these to get it to the burial site.  :rip:

Reply #71

Has pesala's account been hijacked or has he snapped for good?

Not his normal type of post that's for sure. I guess everybody has a breaking point and maybe he's reached his.
I can't help but feel a perverse kind of Schadenfreude—then again, that's probably a tautology—that Pesala made exactly the kind of post he's been constantly accusing of trolling. I felt that was just a cheap way of sweeping complaints under the rug. And yes, that annoyed me.

Reply #73
I can't help but feel a perverse kind of Schadenfreude—then again, that's probably a tautology—that Pesala made exactly the kind of post he's been constantly accusing of trolling.

Exactly my thoughts too.
And yes, that annoyed me.

What was it he said about that I can't remember? "silly story about cheese" or something like that wasn't it?
He's Russian...
Isn't he?

He's English, according to his MyOpera profile anyway.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.