Skip to main content
Topic: What's going on on MyOpera & opera.com (Read 31743 times)

What's going on on MyOpera & opera.com

Quote from: MyOpera
The My Opera forums have been replaced with forums.opera.com. Please head over there to discuss Opera's products and features
See the new Forums

Re: What's going on on MyOpera & opera.com

Reply #3
Doesn't that mean jax made the very last post?

Reply #7
What a hell is that "coast"?

It's a browser for iPad, iPhone etc.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #8
There is an oddity in the last posts. At this comment My Opera had been read-only for a couple minutes, both ensbb3 and I were posting when the door was shut in our face.

The post you refer to is
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=15168132
but there is a
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=15168142
however the last post that actually shows is
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=15167252

Which led to my (mistaken, I now believe) claim that "Your account won't be reopened." was the very last sentence.

I think there was a last post 15168142 but that it doesn't display. It would be be fitting too if My Opera didn't end with a whimper or with a bang, but with a bug.

Reply #9
I've found out that I have a history! there!;)
"9 comments" were 'transferred' through - with the containing threads, I suppose...
The thread "Jon von Tetzchner, Opera's founder and former CEO spoke to The Register" has been moved/transferred through there, by the by[abbr=:whistle:][/abbr]

Reply #10
While in general, the pages there don't have any appropriate favicons, the "edit account" one has.
Now you know what? I can't seem to edit my username - it's greyed out...:/

Reply #12
Guess what?
After tinkering around the profile, I got a page which cites
Quote from: What next?
Now that you're signed in as joshl (Josh), here's what you can do:

Opera Link - synchronise your favourites, in the browser
Opera add-ons - add functionality to Opera, or give it a new look
My Opera - blog and share your photos
My Opera Mail - use our free email service
Dev Opera - see what's happening in the developers' lounge

Change password
Delete my account
Sign out to sign in as another user or create a new account.
The "MyOpera" link sends me to the resting you know which place, and the "mail" is loading and seems still functioning...???
I just wonder -- either they're going to keep something running or... What? Or they're joshing at us? >:(

Reply #13
Everything in OPERAville is deader than a witches tit, or Kelsey's Knuts -- take yer pick! 

MyOPERA = [glow=black,2,300]Read Only [/glow]      

~~  &  ~~

Reply #15

Everything in OPERAville is deader than a witches tit, or Kelsey's Knuts -- take yer pick! 

MyOPERA = [glow=black,2,300]Read Only [/glow]      

~~  &  ~~

Then it wasn't just me. I can't connect to the new forums either, in fact the times I tried it made an attempt to 86 my browser.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #16

Josh

This user has no "puppets".

Unlike your lord and master, Emperor Putin.

That's one of the few times I've seen Putin wearing a shirt. I was beginning to think he didn't have any.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #17
I still don't understand why they want the empty carcass of MO to be bare for several days before shutting it down.
Just end it quickly and be done with it.

No need in all this lolly-gagging around.

Reply #18
I still don't understand why they want the empty carcass of MO to be bare for several days before shutting it down.
Just end it quickly and be done with it.

As the Bard put it so well, there are reasons.
JULIET
Sweet, so would I:
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! parting is such
sweet sorrow
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

Reply #19

I still don't understand why they want the empty carcass of MO to be bare for several days before shutting it down. Just end it quickly and be done with it.

Contrary to what D&D-ers might think, the Lounge is/was not the end-all of My Opera. The part that has a limited replacement, the forums, has been shut up, but is still available. Whatever I might think about the strategic decision, the way they have gone about implementing the shut-down has been fairly exemplary.

Reply #20

Josh

This user has no "puppets".

Unlike your lord and master, Emperor Putin.

That's one of the few times I've seen Putin wearing a shirt. I was beginning to think he didn't have any.

News of the evil Russian dictator is everywhere.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/putin-learns-putin-behind-plot-to-assassinate-puti,29315/

Reply #22
Back on topic-- well, at least sort of: I tried to see the new forums that Opera has put up. No good on Firefox, can't drag them up no way no how. Reason: For some reason, Firefox adds an "s" to "http", producing "https". That "s" is enough to throw off the system and make it non-functional. I had to use Internet Explorer, of all things, to actually get to see the new forums. IE got in and works well enough in this case: Well enough to tell me that those of us who are exclusively Loungers and D&Ders have no place there. If you're looking to find out how to make the latest version of Opera work with your system, they may have something for you-- except if you're using Linux of course, nothing worthwhile for you there.

So-- I'm looking forward to ignoring the new forums the same way they're ignoring us. The feeling is mutual now.

Reply #23
So-- I'm looking forward to ignoring the new forums the same way they're ignoring us. The feeling is mutual now.

In time, we all will move on, & accept the fact that sadly, we've all been jilted.

"You get nowhere on the highway of life by looking in the rear view mirror" ........... by SmileyFaze 

Reply #24

Emperor is someone else.

I don't think Obama or any President is actually in charge, much less an emperor. I don't think Bush was either. The President is merely the face presented to the public. The sheeple don't get it. Probably 95% of what happens in any given president's term as little to nothing directly to do with him. Some people hate Obama. Putzes. Some all but worship him. Also putzes. "Obama expended government" say Conservatives. Guess what, so did Bush, and Clinton, Bush I, and Reagan, go all the way down to Washington. Turn off the Liberal and Conservative media and just get the facts for once in your sheep lives, folks.