Skip to main content
Topic: Peace in the Larger Middle East (Read 12299 times)

Re: Peace in the Larger Middle East

Reply #26
I removed (experimental) from the text because it's working fine really, but it doesn't currently deal with nested quotes.

Re: The quoting

Reply #27

The former allows you to make multiple quoting - before going to the "Quick reply" area, the last piece you want to quote - you hit the latter - and go down.

Got it...thanks. That's simpler than what I've done in the past.

Reply #28
Hey, get the "slow" quote back with its "selected" feature.
First, I'm dead accustomed to it. Second, it's nice&easy. Third, you're all banned for off-topicism.

Reply #29

Frans, I've reported your post - adding a comment on the interlude there;) ;D

Josh, I have to ask: How in bloody thunder can you report the OWNER of these boards??? That took some doing. Further, what did you expect to happen? Ban the owner???? ;D
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #31

To tell you the truth--hate is so entrenched in that region that I don't believe there will be peace over there in 1000 years...not even in 100,000 years (I think they absolutely enjoy hating each other--it's part of who they are and they're damn proud of it).

Where did you get this truth? Historically there was peace since Saladin to British rule. That's about 800 years. British colonisation made it into a quagmire and Israel made it into a hell-hole. Under Muslim rule the place was just fine.

Interesting old map (from 2006). I wonder how much blood it would take to get from here to there.

That particular map would be bloody to implement, yes, and it would ensure continued bloodshed. Some reasons:

- Expanded Azerbaijan (why?)
- Diminished Iran (particularly Arab Shia state would be better off under Iran, that's where Shias want to be)
- Unredeemed Armenia
- Israel is still on the map
- the nationality of the person who drew the map

Reply #32

I don't know why it happens, but it always does. A thread opens, carries on for 10 or 12 posts and then migrates on to something totally unrelated...String Theory, bangers and mash, rjhowie, quantum mechanics or breasts.

Yes, now I got the idea of Herbalife suicide bombers stuck in my mind.

"Lose Life Now, Ask Me How,"

Reply #33

Frans, I've reported your post - adding a comment on the interlude there;) ;D

Josh, I have to ask: How in bloody thunder can you report the OWNER of these boards??? That took some doing. Further, what did you expect to happen? Ban the owner???? ;D

Probably wanted to see how many more childish tantrums he can get away with.

Reply #34
I'd appreciate comments from those of you who are more knowledgeable about the area.

There's no one.
So, what country is that one called in the map "Islamic Sacred State"? never heard about it. It's just bellow Jordan that appears as "Greater Jordan"...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #35

So, what country is that one called in the map "Islamic Sacred State"? never heard about it. It's just bellow Jordan that appears as "Greater Jordan"...
That's the Hajj destination area, set apart probably to be under community management by the whole Muslim world. Hardly a workable idea. Will the Wahhabi dictatorship really be happy in the Saudi desert next to it? Besides, Saudis are friends of the U.S., vital to their interests in the region. Another oversight from the drawer of the map.

Reply #37

Historically there was peace since Saladin to British rule. That's about 800 years. British colonisation made it into a quagmire and Israel made it into a hell-hole.

Divide et impera

Reply #38
As I suspected this alternative Forum would be is proving correct. Essentially another wee club for the self-opiniated, self appraising open minded intellectuals.

As for morons jseaton2311  yoi really madw me laugh outright at your own limited attitude (your pic embodies you well). If criticising Israeli fascism is moronic then society really has a problem. Israel is just as dangerous as Middle East terrorists. It steals land just the Nazis did in the 30's for expansion has a Mossad which acts like the Gestapo (murdering who it likes), stealing British and Aussie passports for their agents, ignores the UN and so on. All funded by the US and the Big Zionist lobby in the US.

Jimbro comes in and as usual waffles about me hating groups of people which is an over the top and stupid appraisal. In actual practice I have always differentiated between situations but that he resorts to corrupting and distorting betrays much. If he wanders off the self-styled satire expect a daft aim. He and a couple of others just want a cosy club here and if you are direct and offend their touchy sensitivities expect as stupid stuff as this jseaton2311  character. Britain only looked after Palestine temporarily and had problems doing that favour which resulted in the Jewish terror gangs who murdered British soldiers (including 2 on lamp posts outside a hotel).

You are entitled to an opinion jseaton2311 just lime me and anyone else here and if you don't like it don't show your limited grey cells by coming out with this moron stuff it only distracts and tends to show a limited grey cell and narrow outlook of your own. Israel anyway remains the biggest threat and gets away with practical murder stealing homes and land should never have been allowed to declare a State without those who also lived there being treated better.  Maybe some of you here are too pampered mentally just as in Opera and we shall see.Jews who abhor Zionism and what it is doing but have no chance of doing anything about this rogue State. As for it being a so-called democracy ask the minorities there how they are treated. And the nonsense that the impression is being given that the land was somehow a long time possession of the former British empire shows the ignorance of those here who say that. The closed soft mind-sets here need a tin opener to let the air in to the grey cells!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #39
Leaked recording: Intelligence chief Hakan Fidan debating with Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, Deputy Chief of Staff Yasar Guler and other officials about a false flag operation that would serve as alibi for intervention in Syria.

Hakan Fidan: "I'll send 4 men from Syria, if that's what it takes. I'll make up a cause of war by ordering a missile attack on Turkey; we can also prepare an attack on Suleiman Shah Tomb if necessary."
source

The civil war in Syria has many faces. The USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey  - to name just a few.
It seems that since Mr.Obama holds off from humanitarian bombing other options have to be put on the table to topple Assad.

Reply #40
This one for rjhowie. To show that you really don't like somebody or some country, compare them to Hitler or Nazis.

Don't like Obama? He's just one more Hitler. Cameron? The same. Putin? No...I kind of like him.

Reply #41
Three out of three for trying that one boy.
"Quit you like men:be strong"