Skip to main content
Topic: Peace in the Larger Middle East (Read 12296 times)

Peace in the Larger Middle East

The larger Middle East is the most troubled region in the world and one that I'm hardly qualified to pontificate on. Some of the problems stem from religious differences while others involve ethnic tensions.

In the long term some of those tensions will relax, but those rooted in religious differences may linger for hundreds of years.

I'd appreciate comments from those of you who are more knowledgeable about the area.

Re: Peace in the Larger Middle East

Reply #2
Quite simply there can be no peace over there until they stop passing on the hate generation after generation.  They have been at each others throats forever and nothing will stop it if they continue to teach their children to hate one another.  An unselfish leader has to come along who is not concerned so much about power as he is teaching his people that their children will continue to die uselessly until they stop cultivating hate.  These people can't see that they themselves are the ones murdering their own children.  It's really quite pathetic and a blight on humanity.   :'(
James J

Reply #3
An unselfish leader has to come along who is not concerned so much about power as he is teaching his people that their children will continue to die uselessly until they stop cultivating hate.

The problem is that no one leader can speak for everybody in that very large area.

Reply #4
Interesting old map (from 2006). I wonder how much blood it would take to get from here to there.

Reply #5
IMHO , Middle east will in Peace .

if ...

there are  techs to Convert  all Desert into Green place ,

so they can do some Farming , etc ...

so  they dont  need any Holy stone anymore to attracts some Tourists .

Reply #6
While a significant part of the Eastwards Extended Middle East, particularly of Saudi Arabi, is desert, most of this territory is not.

Agriculture is a source of income, and incidentally food, but like for the rest of the planet a diminishing number will be farmers.

Reply #7
I wonder how much blood it would take to get from here to there.

It's a crazy world, the world of political figures. Call it something new and expect it to become something new. And we're not speaking of stupid people...Condoleezza Rice to be specific. I don't know about Bush, but doubt that he's stupid, either, just unrealistically hopeful.

Reply #8
When I was in the Balkans in 1990 I saw many maps there of the region as it should have been. And a couple years later the fighting started.

The civil war in Moldova was a direct consequence of Greater Romanians thinking out loud that the former Soviet republic should be annexed, just like West Germany did to East Germany. There wasn't that much appetite in Romania for a merger with their much poorer neighbours, but the damage was done.

The very matter of drawing up a map can have deadly consequences, but as a visualisation tool maps are still great.

Reply #9
not sure too ..

but 'Rubians is always Went to war mostly for Holy stone .

in Israel and 'rubia .

aside , foods and water are so Hard to get  .

i guess that's a good bussiness to control the Holy holy stuff ..

just need to sit there and everyone come to your markets .

no need Great marketing techniques , it just need some BS stories about Holy Stone .

On the other hand , i guess that's something Normal .

when you are Hungry , and thirsty ..

you  cant think straight aka Sane  ...

and then  their insanity is Spreaded like Viruses .

---------------

Give their stomach food  , so they have some energy to Proceed some food for their Brain .

Reply #10
…Rubia?

Reply #11
The lack of peace will continue well into the future and for good reason - unfortunately.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #12
And that good reason is?

Reply #13
The country that acts like a 4th Reich and steals land. Just like one did in the thirties and caused bother.

Of course you knew I was alluding to Israel which gets away with anything it likes and if it disappeared tomorrow I would go off on a special holiday!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #14
Given the turmoil in the region and the all too common attacks by suicide bombers, I'd like to suggest some Middle Eastern sporting events. At the top of the list I suggest a suicide bomber competition.

The Rules
1. No women
2. Primarily other suicide bombers shall be targeted
3. Mullahs are fair game, an exception to rule 2
4. Self-immolation allowed, but only with permission from Allah

Reply #15
Of course you knew I was alluding to Israel which gets away with anything it likes and if it disappeared tomorrow I would go off on a special holiday!

You see?  It's stupid comments like this that keep the region in constant turmoil.  Morons like rj are the ignorant 'hate mongers' who could care less about their country or this planet.  These are the very WORST people alive today.  Children die when fools recklessly spout hate such as this.  To tell you the truth--hate is so entrenched in that region that I don't believe there will be peace over there in 1000 years...not even in 100,000 years (I think they absolutely enjoy hating each other--it's part of who they are and they're damn proud of it). 
James J

Reply #16
You see?  It's stupid comments like this that keep the region in constant turmoil.  Morons like rj are the ignorant 'hate mongers' who could care less about their country or this planet.

Stick around, Mr. Eaton, you ain't seen nothing yet. He doesn't like Israel, Muslims, Pakistanis or Americans. However, he's quite the sharp dresser.

Reply #17
They have got you both fooled.
rjh is not a real person. He is a wind-up doll, equipped with a few cliches, a limited intellect, no insights or humane instincts. We can only guess what its creators have in mind.
I worry that they may have given it too much autonomy. Its mangled grammar and syntax hint at very limited human intervention.

Reply #18
rjh is not a real person. He is a wind-up doll, equipped with a few cliches, a limited intellect, no insights or humane instincts. We can only guess what its creators have in mind.

Other than those trivial limitations, he's pretty much ordinary.
And he's not from Scotland but from Australia.

All of this leads me to wonder what it has to do with peace in the larger middle east.

Any more off-posting will have repercussions. Do I have to spell that out?

Reply #19

Other than those trivial limitations, he's pretty much ordinary.
And he's not from Scotland but from Australia.

All of this leads me to wonder what it has to do with peace in the larger middle east.

Any more off-posting will have repercussions. Do I have to spell that out?

Do try.

Reply #21

Given the turmoil in the region and the all too common attacks by suicide bombers, I'd like to suggest some Middle Eastern sporting events. At the top of the list I suggest a suicide bomber competition.

The Rules
1. No women
2. Primarily other suicide bombers shall be targeted
3. Mullahs are fair game, an exception to rule 2
4. Self-immolation allowed, but only with permission from Allah

i sense , their Methodes to train the Kamikaze troops is almost same like Dark Marketing ---> Multi Level Marketing .

so if in that Marketing they Do some ---> Argumentum ad nauseam to Fill the Victims Mind with Fake Dream .

Such as :  Rich without work , Got 1 Million dollar inStanly , etc .

so .. what the Mindwasher do .. is Repeating some BS , like ---> If you die in War , you'll go to Heaven .

you'll got 72 Angels that always Virgin  , etc .

------------

beside that .. i guess , in Middle east there are some Chronic cycle Bullying .

Since in some case , the Victim of Bullying can have some PTSD .

from PTSD + Racing thoughts ( BS Dreams about angel )  it can conflicted with Schizophrenia , etc .

-----------------

The great Scammer / Lier .

can make their Victims feels so Happy , and make them Helps "the One" who Lie to them until the last Blood .

Reply #22
I don't know why it happens, but it always does. A thread opens, carries on for 10 or 12 posts and then migrates on to something totally unrelated...String Theory, bangers and mash, rjhowie, quantum mechanics or breasts.

Why is that?

BTW, I went to a children's concert last evening after dining at Bud&Stanley's bar/restaurant. I had a spicy pasta dish with shrimp and diced peppers. Delicious.

What's the difference between "Quick Quote (experimental)" and "Quote (selected)"?

The quoting

Reply #23
The former allows you to make multiple quoting - before going to the "Quick reply" area, the last piece you want to quote - you hit the latter - and go down Moses.

Reply #24
What's the difference between "Quick Quote (experimental)" and "Quote (selected)"?

Quick Quote generally does a better job of quoting parts of a post. Quote (selected) could do either parts or the whole post, but wasn't so good at parts. I reverted it to classic Quote as was intended.