Skip to main content
Topic: Canada (Read 14935 times)

Re: Canada

Reply #27
The United States of America is not a Democracy.

The United States of America is a  Constitutional Republic

I wonder about the quality poor Americans have about political science. Of course it explains a lot about what their Country does...
A constitutional republic can only be opposed to a constitutional monarchy. If it is democratic or not is an entire different story.

Opposing republic with democracy is the same thing as comparing Smileyfaze with an orchid...
There's no patience for such ignorance from the Anglo Saxon country.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #28

I will show respect for this thread by taking my next, & subsequent comments regarding the American Government --- DEMOCRACY vs. CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC ---- to a thread where this discussion would be ON TOPIC,   The Worldwide Politics Thread

I hope others will do the same.

Reply #29
Why are you being overly daft there Smileyfaze terrorist?? I have ALWAYS said America is NOT a democracy. It infringes it's own people and that Constitution thing which is as much use as me in the Vatican.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #30
These days, I have doubts that the US is a "Constitutional" anything. Our government has run rough-shod over that document in so many ways that right now, all the document really is is a historical artifact.

Smiley is dancing in the street because concealed carry has been passed, in one form or another, in all fifty states now. However, so many other articles have been or are being buried that being able to carry a gun will be about all you have left. Remember the 4th Amendment? How about the 5th? The 1st Amendment has been chewed to doll-rags. Right now as I write this, our beloved president is busy trying to figure out how to make "executive orders" that will bypass Congress, thereby taking out one of the legs of our "checks and balances" system-- speeding us to the day when we will have a dictator in the White House. Frankly, I don't care if the dictator has a (D) or an (R) after his name, a dictator is still a dictator-- and those have proven to be bad business.

I wonder if Canada has room for refugees? There may be more than a handful if things keep going the way it's shaping up that they may go.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #31
You are not getting much progress I am afraid mjsmsprt40 with the incumbent in the White House. What is the most recent poll - around 40%?  And just look ahead with the Democrats looking at Hillary Clinton ( for goodness sake she is a waste of time) and the Republicans in a state of mix. Pity there is no third way. If it gets worse you aren't that far from the border.

Reply #32

I wonder if Canada has room for refugees? There may be more than a handful if things keep going the way it's shaping up that they may go.
More than enough

Canada: 9,984,670 km2 (3,854,082 mi2)
United States: 9,631,418 km2 (3,717,727 mi2)

It can get cold up there, however. Nice for Josh, perhaps, but for our friend from north of Chicago, perhaps not.

You might share with us a couple of the problems you've encountered recently as a result of the Obamanations we're all subject to.

Reply #33

You are not getting much progress I am afraid mjsmsprt40 with the incumbent in the White House. What is the most recent poll - around 40%?  And just look ahead with the Democrats looking at Hillary Clinton ( for goodness sake she is a waste of time) and the Republicans in a state of mix. Pity there is no third way. If it gets worse you aren't that far from the border.

We all have our problems.
First Minister Alex Salmond has unveiled the Scottish Government’s programme for the new Parliamentary year with a pledge to create 'a better Scotland' for future generations.

Mr Salmond revealed the package of 15 bills – led by the flagship Referendum Bill, which will legislate for a vote on independence in the autumn of 2014 – during the first day of the new Parliamentary session.

We both know how that's going to turn out. Still, you might work on that problem before solving ours.

Reply #36
Maybe it's just Russians. :P

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=effb2JYiKXM[/video]

But more seriously, just because the populace is pro-immigration needn't mean the rules are. Although the rules aren't quite hostile to immigration either.

Reply #37
I've heard that it's tough to immigrate to Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia. All other places in Canada are free game.

Reply #38
[off topic]
Jimbro, I have a question-- well, really a couple of them.

1. When did I move North of Chicago?
2. How come I'm always the last to find out about these things?

For point of reference: Villa Park, IL is West of Chicago, so is Carol Stream. I've never lived North of Illinois rte 64 in my life.

[/off topic]

Hmm-- On second thought-- as a small boy (under 5 years old) I lived a few blocks North of Rte 64. It was on Drummond Place, about a block West of US45, in what is now part of the Western suburb of Northlake. Still Western Suburbs, never North 'Burbs. The house still stands, but most of the ground in back was gobbled up by the school-- which is why my parents decided to move. Too much land was lost to "eminent domain".
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #39

Jimbro, I have a question-- well, really a couple of them.

1. When did I move North of Chicago?
2. How come I'm always the last to find out about these things?

Perhaps you're not the person I was thinking about! It's not all about you, sir.

1. I was talking about another person.
2. Maybe you don't pay attention!

Reply #40
Although the rules aren't quite hostile to immigration either.

Racists, sexists and fascists. Besides, they live under the floor.
Australians are even worst but at least they live above ground.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #41
You are incapable of solving yours jimbro so you have to grump on with a desperate sideline - as usal. No matter who is in the White House the trillions of debt go up the homeless the corporate control (now includes ambassadors). Neither do you have much of a practical voting choice. Plus the fact that we have a wider democratic process than you have over there. Maybe if your country stopped beating it's damn chest and stomping the world it could be treated more reasonably nut considering the history damage patience is needed!

Meantime back in Canada the separatists in Frenchie Quebec are at it yet again trying to split. In hindsight General Wolfe should have dispatched them out the country. Seeing they were so pally with your corner in the late 18th century they would have been at home there.  :P