Skip to main content
Topic: Ban the Burqa? (Read 8704 times)

Ban the Burqa?

There is an attempt to ban it in Israel.
It is banned in Syrian schools and universities.
It is banned all over France.
There are local bans in Italy.
In Belgium its also banned, but only on the local level.
The Netherlands are trying to ban it.
In Australia a new law that would require Muslim women to remove a burqa or niqab to prove their identity to West Australian police has been introduced to the state's parliament.
In the US a Florida woman had her driver's license cancelled due to her wearing of the niqab in her identification photo.  Beyond that, there's nothing of note to report from the US.
In London a judge made a 21-year-old woman remove her veil was because it was in the public interest in a court hearing.
As always, comments are welcome.

Re: Ban the Burqa?

Reply #2
Burqas for the women, straight jackets for the men. That's the solution - no more hanky-panky.

Reply #3
In Belgium its also banned, but only on the local level.

Note that seeing how Belgium is a secular country, it's any face-covering garment that's banned, not just religiously motivated ones. Of course we all know the ban was instituted on account of a few hundred niqab wearers. Shocking? Yes, but one wonders if it's really worth all the hubbub. In France things are slightly different, as far as that goes.

Reply #4
I thought that wearing of any kind of mask was illegal in some parts of the U.S.

Reply #5
There is an attempt to ban it in Israel. It is banned in Syrian schools and universities. It is banned all over France.There are local bans in Italy.In Belgium its also banned, but only on the local level. The Netherlands are trying to ban it. In Australia a new law that would require Muslim women to remove a burqa or niqab to prove their identity to West Australian police has been introduced to the state's parliament.In the US a Florida woman had her driver's license cancelled due to her wearing of the niqab in her identification photo.  Beyond that, there's nothing of note to report from the US.In London a judge made a 21-year-old woman remove her veil was because it was in the public interest in a court hearing.

Why?
It is not important to know why some pretend to have the right to forbid others?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6
I am looking forward to when they ban the Orange Order(s).

@rjhowie @Belfrager.   :left:  :right:

Reply #7
Forbidding burqas, it's a shame  >:(
I like burqas and I'm not the only one  8)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SvxEYLFTM[/video]

Reply #11
That's what he said. :right: :D

Reply #12
Well, at least not all over the USA.
There is some hope  :)

Reply #13
We have already had a case or two of terror-mongers dressing in the dashed thing to escape retribution. The item is NOT a requirement in the basis of Islam but used to make a point instead. I don't wlak about every day in my regalia to prove I am a Protestant but there has been too much of a dithering about Islam here in Gt Britain. There has been a law in existence for 30 years on female sexual mutilation but no figures for them as it is the kid glove approach. Time after time we have backed over and over to accommodate this corner and instead we find an increased number of their young leaning to extremism and violence. They just have to wait until 2065 and the indigenous will be a minority and they will have the place to do what they want. Heaven help the indigenous and the moderate Muslims as they will both be in the same boat!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #17
I'd almost gotten over making that post...please don't post it again.

An Aphrodite by any other name isn't necessarily an Aphrodite.

Reply #18
Bam noting fuck!!
A matter of attitude.

Reply #20
Which language is that?
(In my neighborhood, "Fuck" is the name of a well known car dealer company.)

Reply #21

We have our reasons.
We do? What are those? If you look at the young lady, she's fit and appears healthy in general. I would say the breasts themselves only offer a small fraction of her appeal to heterosexual males and lgbt women. She seems to have nice abs, for example and she contoured her body in suggestive way to begin with. I barely noticed her tits, personally.

Reply #24
And: