INGREDIENTS
1 ounce dried mushrooms*
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped celery
3 cups chopped carrot
1 cup chopped fennel bulb (optional)
Salt
2 large garlic cloves, smashed (can leave skins on)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
4 bay leaves
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 cup unleavened coffee

Re: Coffee Church

Reply #3
I'll drink coffee, if I can't get a decent cup of tea :right:

Reply #5
No need to, every person of at least average intelligence will sooner or later come around to tea :right:

Reply #7
I prefer tea to coffee.

Why pay 8-12 bucks for coffee when you can buy tea for under $3?

Reply #10
I prefer tea to coffee.

Why pay..?
Because coffee is different in pharmacodynamics.
While tea is good, no objections, and it makes you feel better in the long run, coffee 1) kicks you faster, 2) and it has a Holy effect - drives you to excrete the body liquids (which is essential in the case of some bad headaches).

Reply #11
2) and it has a Holy effect - drives you to excrete the body liquids (which is essential in the case of some bad headaches).

It is? I thought dehydration caused by excretion of bodily fluids was a cause of headaches. :)

Anyway, count me in the tea camp.

Reply #14
I drink coffee in the morning and tea at night.

Reply #16
This one I suspected, but wasn't sure. It's a good thing my country has no Starbucks.
Coffee companies such as Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts sometimes use "fake coffee smell" to entice shoppers. ScentAir, a so-called "scent provider," is a popular choice in the coffee industry as well as retail stores, restaurants and hotels, where methods of "aromachology" are used along with the "latest in fragrance technology."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/11/things-you-didnt-know-about-coffee_n_4738957.html

Reply #18
This one I suspected, but wasn't sure.

I recalled reading something about that a few years back, and here's an article from a few years back. (I have no idea if that's the one I read, of course.)

Incidentally, this comment could've been written by me:
If they go ahead with using scents and get the audio bit right, shopping will require some drastic counter-measures on my part. I shall have to wear headphones (like pneumatic drill operators wear or should wear) and a gas mask.

I tried to enter an "Abercrombie & Fitch" store once to see what the heck was going on in there. The combined olfactory and auditory assault, coupled with what seemed like a bunch of overpriced junk, quickly chased me out.

Reply #20
Well, I suppose that was a bit off topic. :P

I like to mix up some green tea and mint leaves.

Reply #24
I am more than happy to vote in your poll, Josh, but I'll be needing a tea option, lad.   :right: