Skip to main content
Topic: Isn't sewing for ridiculous amounts damn ridiculous? (Read 16898 times)

Re: Isn't sewing for ridiculous amounts damn ridiculous?

Reply #25
Hhhm. Still does not go along with that utterly ridiculous decision of a court. The decision is morally wrong and head shaking.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #26
Still does not go along with that utterly ridiculous decision of a court. The decision is morally wrong and head shaking.

Right that's what I've been saying, mate. You're just havin' a piss yea... Oh wait. You're not pointing out your contribution so far followed by a description of your general posting style, are you? Drat, you can see how that's confusing right?

See, I've positioned myself in opposition. And go...

Reply #27

Now smart mouths explain the suing stupidity levels!

Scots.

We learned it from them, then after we told 'em to screw off back to the UK, we've been aiming to perfect it ever since.  :yes: :devil:

Reply #28
Civil procedure is a tangle of common law and rational procedure… The Common Law is -of course- an Anglo-Saxon remnant; following the Roman Empire's precedent.

As much as I like to disagree with RJ, in this case — well, I don't see either how the hotel was derelict in its duties or how the girlie being shown in the all-together warrants a multi-million dollar award…

As Howie asked (…he did, didn't he? :) ), have we all gone mad?!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #29
Poor try Colonel. Oakdale is right on the madness regarding the sums?

Reply #30
Let me repeat myself, something I'm good at.
========
The lady will never see the $55 million. Even if Marriott has to pay $27 million, which is unlikely, her attorneys will get about 40% of it.
(T)he Nashville Marriott and the company that operates it responsible for a little less than $27 million. But Andrews won’t get that amount either.

The hotel’s legal team has not yet announced their plans, but Sanders says they will ask Davidson County Circuit Court Judge Hamilton Gayden to do one of three things — overturn the whole judgment, ask for a new trial or request a reduction in damages. “It’s very rare for a judge to overturn a case like this,” says Sanders. “He’d have to believe that the jury had lost its mind.”

Many legal experts predict that the case will end in a settlement before it goes to appeals court. “If I’m the defendant, I’d make my settlement push now, because the farther this case goes, the stronger the position of Andrews becomes,” says Sanders, noting that it’s unlikely that an appellate court that wasn’t present for the original proceedings would overturn the judgment.

And...
Sanders, who practices in the same county in which this case took place, was surprised at the judgment. “Davidson County juries have a reputation for being parsimonious,” he says. “I’m shocked at the amount. There have been people who have been killed because of negligence who’ve gotten a lot less than this.”

Reply #31
Actually I already knew that she would not get that full amount and was mentioned on a news item although what she will eventually get will still be damn ridiculous. Ah, Sanders now there is a voice of real reason.

Reply #32

Actually I already knew that she would not get that full amount and was mentioned on a news item although what she will eventually get will still be damn ridiculous. Ah, Sanders now there is a voice of real reason.

Keep us posted. I'd like to know how it turns out.

Sadly, Sanders' campaign is doomed. He'd never beat Trump.

Take your pick.
1) Hillary
2) Trump
3)

I know, it's not easy.

Reply #33
Neither dear man. One is a maverick and clown and the other a lying, scheming and woman with a dishonesty. Even that photograph is a negative as he got smacked and resigned. Sanders was an almost revolutionary direction that too many over there hold their hands in horror about. Good he did so well but the time obviously isn't ripe yet for the wider grey cells to be matured!

Reply #34
If we become "Social Democrats," RJ, there will be nobody left to save your sorry butts… Unless of course you think Putin is your friend? :)
Sanders -like some others I could mention!- has suckled at the public teat for almost his entire life; so, his views on how society should be "organized" may be a tad-bit biased…
[…] the time obviously isn't ripe yet for the wider grey cells to be matured!
Yes: Senescence is the goal! :)
(But I can see why you're impatient for us to catch up!)
进行 ...

Reply #35
BTW: What do you think of "Hulk" Hogan's case…?
[Hogan's attorneys told jurors this is the core of the case:] "Gawker took a secretly recorded sex tape and put it on the Internet." And now they are paying for it, dearly. Also notable is that there doesn't seem to be anyone interested in defending them, as even the Twitter community (if it can truly be called that) has come out strongly in favor of the ruling against Gawker. Maybe they should have at least made more friends? They did make $6.5 million in net income in 2014 and their Wikipedia article states that they were last sold in 2009 for $300 million, so while they may not be put out of business, it seems likely they will at least be [changing] hands, and soon, with the jury ruling $55 million for economic injuries and $60 million for emotional distress. I think that's jury-speak for "body slam."

I'm just Joe Schmoe, so once again the sums involved seem excessive… :(

If Gawker should be put out of business, shouldn't there be some kind of "due process" involved? (But it seems that a great many people think "mob violence" is the same thing! Democracy, at it's finest!) "Hulk," baby (…I mean "cry baby… :) ), you're too old and pathetic for anyone to care — about who you schtupped, or how well you did it.

The "awards" granted in such cases are egregious.
进行 ...

Reply #36
too old and pathetic for anyone to care

"He's rubber, you're glue; whatever you say to Rj bounces off him and sticks to you," sez Hulk Hogan.

And, yes, you're Joe Schmoe.

Reply #37

One is a maverick and clown and the other a lying, scheming and woman with a dishonesty.

I wonder why is that word inside such an evil context. :eyes:

Reply #38
And, yes, you're Joe Schmoe.
…:) If only I could believe your knew what you were saying! But you've often given me evidence that that's not one of your concerns…
Do you mean to denigrate me? Or to indicate that you would? Or that you sort-a speak Yiddish?
Or are you calling me an average Joe? (I can live with that; but I suspect you can't… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #40
Oh crap! It's contagious…
进行 ...

Reply #41
Not knowing what I'm saying never stops me.

Does it stop any of us? ;)
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #43
And much appreciated by those over here who appreciate me.

ps. Retired teacher note two rr's as you are quick enough to gripe at others. :whistle:

Reply #44
ps. Retired teacher note two rr's as you are quick enough to gripe at others.  :whistle:
Is that all you noticed…? :)
进行 ...

Reply #45
Creeping Howieisms. They'rr al overr the plase!

I was watching about there on the telly it's about the brained yanks mired in poverty over the pond and a loud-mouth corporate woman running for president. The announcer was even an RC and he noticed! The red socks have been kiping his native Ireland poor and inorant, but now he's sharp lad that can see it's American imperialism that causef Howieisms to creep because of that woman and Trump. I spoke about this with nun we went to the Chinese restaurant for fish and chips and Irn Bru. She was quite taken with me and will trade her red socks for orange even if the poor lass orderd General Taos Chicken in a Chinese place! A programme on teh telly told me the general was a good lowlander Scot and an Orangeman :)
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Howieism

Reply #46
Priceless!

Reply #47
Gotta agree, Barulheira! You nailed it, Sang!
进行 ...

Reply #48
Yes spot on for emphasising the brainless in the ex-colonies. Immature and emotional and with a system that stinks and politically a world joke with what is going on right now. Any time you lot are reminded of the glaring hypocrisy of the land that continually boats of how great it is. You are so propaganda based and so dumb you even have to have the flag everywhere including a classroom. Talk about over nationalism! Unable to defend by all means pump out the kindergarten stuff and proves my point. Thanks!  :hat:

Reply #49
Has your nation yet learned to teach grade-school English? (Or are you the exception…? :) )
Sang captured the essence of your — what is it? Bad education or personal inadequacy? And -for you- that's yet another reason to rant and rave against the U.S.! :) Like Barulheira said: Priceless!

But, of course, you know we love you!
进行 ...