Skip to main content
Topic: Screenshots (Read 2128 times)

Screenshots

Hi everybody!

I have a suggestion, but first, some context.
Whenever I am interested in some application, I first search for screenshots of that application. Detailed, updated screenshots. I am put off by missing or old screenshots.
Otter obviously lacks updated screenshots.
Can't you guys add updated screenshots? I am sure there must be at least one user willing to do this once for every big version.
Or, if you don't want to put this on the main website, maybe at least put there a link to a thread on the forum where everyone can put some screenshots they like best. This way, not only do you have the latest screenshots, but you also have a history of the visual appearance of Otter.

I think this would help Otter and it can be done by fans, not adding any work on the developers.
Currently, Otter is a browser without a face and that is not good at all.

Re: Screenshots

Reply #1
@RRR13, updating them is on my TODO list for releases, but so far I haven't managed to complete it. :-/
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #2
That's why I suggested users should do it.  Your time is limited; you cannot and should not try to do everything yourself.
Is not complicated,  but it is time consuming.
One way would be for users to post screenshots in a forum thread and you can choose which ones to go on the website.
You could actually have a list of screenshots you want,  like which sections or functionality should be pictured.
Also,  whenever a new version of Otter is released,  you can just ask the users to redo the screenshots or add new ones for you to pick.
Or just find a trustee to do the screenshots.

Like  I said,  you cannot and should not try to do everything yourself,  especially when someone else would gladly do it for you.

Reply #3
We actually have some erratic screenshots here and there, showing customisation and buggy behaviour. For a set of representative screenshots, there should be guidelines...

Reply #4
@RRR13, sure, if someone would like to prepare some good screenshots then I'll gladly accept them. ;-)

@ersi, well, obviously I would prefer screenshots showing features, not bugs. :-D
We should get some screenshots with various styles and platforms, showing configuration interfaces, customized UI etc.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #5
Apologies for the long post, these are screenshots from Windows 7x64 using aero.

Otter Browser Main Window

---------------------------------

Preferences
General

Content

Privacy

Search

Advanced

---------------------------------

File Menu

Edit Menu

View Menu