Skip to main content
Topic: What Time Is It? (Read 399205 times)

Re: What Time Is It?

Reply #3200
8:57 pm

Reply #3201
13:22
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #3202
8:51 pm

Reply #3203
13:41
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #3204
8:56 pm

Reply #3205
13:08

Reply #3206
8:36 pm

Reply #3207
13:02

Reply #3208
8:57 pm

Reply #3209
13:18

Reply #3210
8:48 pm

Reply #3211
13:10

Reply #3212
8:08 pm

Reply #3213
14:24

Reply #3214
8:15 pm

Reply #3215
13:03

Reply #3216
9:40 pm

Reply #3217
13:28

Reply #3218
8:29 pm

Reply #3219
13:01

Reply #3220
8:07 pm

Reply #3221
13:19

Reply #3222
It was another terrible clock-turning weekend. I thought of changing the tires of my bicycle today, to put on the summer tires, but it began snowing again, so I'd better keep the studded tires another week.

Reply #3223
The Dutch government said they'll decide about this DST business by 2021 at the earliest. :faint: The Benelux apparently said they all want to do the same thing, which'll probably mean "normal" time (i.e., "wintertime").

Oh well, at least I'll be able to live the second third of my life without that scourge.

Edit: oh yeah, it's 20:44.

Reply #3224
The Dutch government said they'll decide about this DST business by 2021 at the earliest. :faint: The Benelux apparently said they all want to do the same thing, which'll probably mean "normal" time (i.e., "wintertime").
It's not up to your government. The EU will decide whether everybody must drop the compulsory clock-turning and make it voluntary - or they will not decide anything, in which case everybody must go on with it as decided earlier. In either case, our tiny little member state governments shall toe the line.
The European Parliament on Tuesday backed a proposal to stop the obligatory one-hour clock change between summer and winter time, leaving it up to member states to decide on their time zone and adjust their clocks for the last time in October 2021, 20 years after daylight-saving time was made compulsory in the EU. The text, approved by 410 against 192, needs final approval by EU ministers.