Skip to main content
Topic: Age (Read 4249 times)

Every morning, a spider makes a small web, at head height, between the lemon tree and the patio, and every morning I walk into it and get a facefull of web.
By the next morning the spider has forgotten that all his effort had been for naught and builds another one, and I have forgotten that the web will be there for sure and walk into it again.
In short, as I have aged, my memory has degenerated to that of a spider.

Re: Age

Reply #1
Maybe the spider isn't all that young either :right:

Reply #3
Eh, it could be worse. I had a steady run in with the light fixture outside of my house. Consequences of being in a hurry mostly. At least the web isn't visible at every angle.

Reply #4
Peehaps the spider's memory is just fine.

It's trying to catch you tt.

Reply #5
You might be onto something.
This is the guy that lives under the house. Maybe he has some kind of arrangement with the little spider to do all the work for a share of the kill, my liver for example.

Reply #7
Yeap, sex seems to be the objective, the spider's trying to court tt92. She's clearly a tarantula so tt92 will be eaten after mating.
I wonder what a spider-parrot would be... a spiders that talks, a parrot that crawls with eight little legs...
Mysteries from down under.

Age's good for Port and other selected wines.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #8
Every morning, a spider makes a small web, at head height, between the lemon tree and the patio, and every morning I walk into it and get a facefull of web.

If I had a lemon tree on my patio, I'd be happy to accept a little web in the face, even one spun while under the influence of benzedrine.

Reply #9
Just turned 81. At least I think I did. Back in a bit...have to check with my wife.

Reply #11
It's about time you checked in with us. :)

Reply #12
Yes congrats Mr. In boyhood here friends would give light punches on the back for each year of a birthday so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
"Quit you like men:be strong"