Skip to main content
Topic: Beta 9 release (01-01-2016) (Read 5926 times)

Beta 9 release (01-01-2016)

• added initial support for spell checking;

• added support for selecting allowed and rejected domains for third-party cookies;

• added support for customizing visible columns and their order in most of views;

• added support for customizing text and icon of toolbar entries;

• added support for adding arbitrary menus to toolbars;

• some other fixes and minor improvements.

Yes, I know, still no passwords manager...
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Re: Beta 9 release (01-01-2016)

Reply #1
Yes, I know, still no passwords manager...

More full support Ace Stream Media, magnet-links and some plug-blocked sites. And a Happy New Year to all. :yes:

Reply #2
Thanks for your work! What version is more stable 32 bit or 64 bit ? (For example Vivaldi 64 bit is experimental and they recommend to use 32 bit version).

Reply #3
Impressive!

Reply #4
@Epic, there should be no difference.

Reply #5
Hi, looks really nice. Have been using this updated version ( Linux ) few days. I Like it!
Thanks!

ps. Too many browsers nowadays  :D

Reply #6
It works but after all this time there are still problem to see images on redbubble.com for example: click on picture and you will see just black (for a moment you will see picture too).

Otter 0.9.09 beta 9
Web browser controlled by the user, not vice-versa.

Web backend: WebKit Backend 538.1.

SSL library version: OpenSSL 1.0.1s-freebsd 1 Mar 2016.

I am using FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE now and the problem exist on my system from the first time when I give a try to Otter.

Reply #7
Maybe it's a problem between the website and WebKit. I'm using FreeBSD 10.1 and most images I found on the home page display fine. Only a few of them caused the problem you're describing.

Or maybe it's just a problem with the website. I tried it in Opera and the images that didn't work in Otter were shown, but with a weird background image with a "Clear" alttext.

Reply #8
It's their #discourage-theft img thingy. Their stretched transparent 1px GIF seems to be displaying black in QtWebKit (tested in Otter and Qupzilla). I have no inkling why this might be. Or maybe there's another style or script involved messing things up; I only took a quick peek.

Reply #9
Maybe it's a problem between the website and WebKit. I'm using FreeBSD 10.1 and most images I found on the home page display fine. Only a few of them caused the problem you're describing.

Or maybe it's just a problem with the website. I tried it in Opera and the images that didn't work in Otter were shown, but with a weird background image with a "Clear" alttext.

I use also viewbug.com and there are no problems. Yes, looks some sites works better than other. But on my system the poblem or I don't know how to setup, when I start Otter it open all the time in the full size is still here.

Reply #10
I've reported this black image issue upstream, perhaps we will get some fix for it, at least in QtWebKit NG.