Skip to main content
Topic: Increase font size in address bar (Read 1911 times)

Increase font size in address bar

Hi,

I've been following Otter on-and-off since the project was announced and I like how Otter is progressing!

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to set the font size of the address bar.  On Windows, the address bar looks really tiny compared to the icons:

Thanks Emdek for continuing development on Otter.

Re: Increase font size in address bar

Reply #1
In Opera this was possible to change by changing the toolbar fonts in Preferences > Advanced > Fonts. This of course changed the fonts in all the toolbars. Do you want to change just the address bar? Maybe something can be done with custom CSS https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=1750.msg62254

Reply #2
Do you want to change just the address bar?
Yes, just the address bar.

This would be a departure from Opera v12.

Maybe something can be done with custom CSS
About custom CSS, I'm not too familiar with Qt to know what the element of just the address bar is.  I can experiment if someone can help me out here :)

Reply #3
From some trial-and-error, I found that QComboBox handles the address bar.

So you can style it like this in a custom stylesheet:

Code: [Select]
QComboBox {font-size: 18px;}

However, this changes all combo boxes including those in the settings area.  If anyone knows if it is possible to target just the address bar's QComboBox, I would appreciate it.

Reply #4
I think it should be possible to do something like QComboBox#AddressWidget,[1] except that isn't quite right (i.e., it doesn't work). But maybe something like only QComboBoxes that are direct children of QToolBars will do the trick:

Code: [Select]
QToolBar > QComboBox {font-size: 18px;}
That would match a QComboBox whose object name is AddressWidget.

Reply #5
Thanks Frenzie!  That works.