Skip to main content
Topic: Otter and Windows XP (Read 24357 times)

Re: Otter and Windows XP

Reply #50
@Toltek, download this and unpack newer versions on top of it:
https://otter-browser.org/tmp/otter-browser-xp2.zip
The proper solution is to recompile GStreamer against OpenH264 but so far  haven't found time to test it...
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #51
@Alex31, works fine here, Flash 26 (NPAPI variant) under Windows XP SP3.

@DaveH, locally I have build that can handle all popular codecs, including WebM and MP4, but I'll have to disable h264 support before publishing due to legal reasons...

Does any version of Otter for XP Pro have the h264 support working, or are all disabled? I ask because I am looking for a browser that can deal with h264 (already have three browsers that use Flash).
To watch my videos in h264 on Windows XP sp2 I use new moon in portable version in addition to Otter-Browser.

I prefer to open my videos with an external link on the latest functional version of MPV with youtube-dl. exe for Windows XP inside the new moon 100% GPU radeon, because I didn't find how to do it with Otter-browser.
forum
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/
 ;)

Reply #52
@Emdek Isn't H264 legally free for open-source projects or something like that?

Reply #53
@Frenzie, the only safe way is to use that library, this is how Firefox gained support for that codec under Windows,
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #54
download this and unpack newer versions on top of it:
https://otter-browser.org/tmp/otter-browser-xp2.zip
Hello!
There is one additional library libgstlibav.dll at lib\gstreamer-1.0\ at this archive.
Without this dll all other builds won't play video!
I copied it to all different builds and now they play youtube video fine!
I cheked dll dependences and found that at builds for WinXP you uses dsengine.dll v5.6.2,
but it requires Direct3DCreate9Ex function at d3d9.dll -this dll doesn't implement this function at WinXP
...and MFGetService function at MF.dll -there is no such dll at WinXP
At WinXP it is impossible, but I don't know, maybe there is no troubles with working...
I found dsengine.dll v5.6.1 for WinXP. It was build with depends of libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll,
I cheked all dependences for it and then I replace these dlls at your last WinXP build for tests.
Is it possible to do MSE working at www.youtube.com/html5 ?
EnableMediaSource =YES/NO -It shows MSE not working before this changes and after...
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/   -there are placed gstreamer-1.0 official binaries for Windows.
I have checked it should work with Otter browser at WinXP too, but it have some other dll-dependencies. I try to complain it...

Reply #55
Czy brak wersji Otter Browser 1.0.02 dla Windows XP, to definitywny koniec? Czy tylko chwilowa przerwa?

Pozdrawiam

PS. Angielskiego nie znam. Dziaders jestem. Dla anglojęzycznych przetłumaczyłem przez Google Transalator.

Otter Browser 1.0.02 for Windows XP is missing. It's over? End of Windows XP support?
Greetings

Reply #56
Do you mean the win32 build doesn't work on it anymore? The code still contains some workarounds for XP.

Reply #57
However, 1.0.02 for Windows XP is still missing. I'm afraid it's over.

Reply #58
After a long gap, I've finally just looked to see if there is an update for weekly #360 on XP, and was pleased to find that there's a weekly #380 available now.
After the update, Help>About Otter still says "Otter 1.0.8.1 weekly 360" though.
Any idea why?
Doing a check for updates still prompts me to update to weekly #380.
I've downloaded it and replaced the files several times, but no difference.
 ???