Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in Europe (Read 253528 times)

Re: What's Going on in Europe

Reply #300

Typical feelgood policies to make the lawmakers, or their constituency, feel good about themselves,  not to actually do good. In this case it is mostly harmless unless done to such an extent it would actually make a difference, and there are much more efficient ways to bend the voting system to your ends.

Sorry but you're being short sighted jax. It's not the efficaciousness of the result that matters but the precedent on opening a practice of retiring rights to people.

Not all slopes are slippery and this stupidity has all sorts of precedents including as mentioned the US. Of course Wikipedia has an article about it: Felony disenfranchisement

Reply #301
Not all slopes are slippery and this stupidity has all sorts of precedents including as mentioned the US. Of course Wikipedia has an article about it: Felony disenfranchisement

In many places (including here) people that are in prison can't vote exactly because being in prison means being prevented of exercising basic civil rights such as going wherever you want to go - you can't, you are arrested.

What irritates me is to consider fiscal irregularities so serious act as killing or robbing someone. If this continues like that, someday we'll be "disenfranchised" for smoking or crossing the street outside the walking passage.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #307
It means that all the neighbors in Bromley have the joy of living next to a gigantic mountain of trash.

Reply #309
Some midden.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #311
Maybe we finally realize that we are in war, even if pushed by others to get in.
I wonder where's the European army to response... maybe the usual bunch of pacifists can answer.

Vive la France.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #312
Maybe we finally realize that we are in war
From your lips to God's ear, Belfrager
My country must await the presidential election before we -again- realize that when war is declared on you, no rhetorical answer suffices.

The Long War continues… Too many of us thought to sleep through it.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #313
The Long War continues… Too many of us thought to sleep through it.

Consequences of post modernist culture and it's indefinition of things.

Such atrocities couldn't serve better those against Europe receiving refugees.
Europe's identity its being destroyed, walls are being mounted and, soon, we'll be doing what we never imagined to be possible. Hospitality and humanitarian principles are under full attack.
That's how entire nations and populations are driven into terror.

If Europe fails to hold and maintain our civilizational principles, there will be nothing in the world to substitute it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #314
I'm sorry, Belfrager: I find nothing to argue with in your post…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #315

Reply #316
That graphic is a shit. An absolute and complete shit.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #317
Meanwhile elsewhere in Europe the National Front soars to new heights in the France Regional Elections.

Reply #319

What does it say?
Generally speaking - the poorer the country, the more low priced for foreign tourists it is.
I'm missing capitals like Tirana, Pristina and Podgorica from the chart. They must be among the cheapest...

Reply #320

I also don't like the colours. And I don't believe that meals in Kiev are more expensive than in Poland.

Reply #321
What does it say?
Generally speaking - the poorer the country, the more low priced for foreign tourists it is.

Worst than that. What it says is that we must all live by the same patterns, in this case, the "Daily Backpacker Index".

Funny that everyday Ukraninans runs away from the nº1 daily backpacker pseudo index of cheapest cities while no one has ever heard about a massive touristic invasion at Kiev.

Anyway, I don't care, tourism for the masses should be forbidden. It's nothing but one of the tentacles of the new order, reinvented upon the Nazi's invention of a touristic network of hotels for the low classes.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #322
Nice try southern boy. I am not an ex-colonist so not keen on interfering with the internal affairs of others!

Reply #323
Marine Le Pen is winning, that's what it counts in Europe.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #324
 :)