Skip to main content
Topic: Belated Memorium for one of our own (Read 132 times)

Belated Memorium for one of our own

Occasionally I stop by & check to see what my ole friends here at the DnD have been up to. Today, I looked for the ole man of Orange.....RJHowie......We were usually at each other in verbal fisticuffs.....me being an IRA man & he being a Northern Ireland Orange supporter. 

That said, all in all, despite our major differences, I still respected RJ as more than a formidable battler, but as friends here who just didn't see it the same way......we respectfully agreed to disagree.

I did a search on a few related bits of information I knew about him, & I came up with some new information that, sad as it is, it is the reason I'm here to share with you all today.

Robert (Bob) Howie

Published on 27/05/2022

HOWIE - Robert (Bob) Peacefully, at The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital on Wednesday 18th May 2022. Bob, loved and loving husband of the late Christine, much loved Dad of Susan and Jill and a wonderful adored grandpa to Debbie, Laura, Sophie and Lewis. Funeral service will be held at Linn Crematorium, Wednesday 15th June 2022 at 11am. Family flowers only please. Donations, in lieu, to The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice.

RJ, you will be missed   .............   May You Rest in Peace 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/memorials/death-notices/death/20169661.robert-bob-howie/

In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Re: Belated Memorium for one of our own

Reply #1
My prediction that he would eventually be the one to turn off the light of this forum did not come to pass.

Re: Belated Memorium for one of our own

Reply #2
     In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.