Skip to main content
Topic: post simple not working features. Help otter (Read 3559 times)

post simple not working features. Help otter

otter please keep trying, if I could do this I would. But I cannot make browsers. But it's clear Opera will go down in history as the best browser until money got involved and Opera sold out. Okay no politics.
otter – 0.9 .08
IMDb videos don't work.
no skins
no mail
no passwords
photographs displaying nicely in the center but with white background this burns out your eyes. Need black.

Please I'm here because I'm excited because I don't want political browsers like Google they own everything, chrome chromium, number one supporter of Firefox.

Team otter I am rooting for you bring back what was best in Opera 12

Re: post simple not working features. Help otter

Reply #1
Password manager should be in next beta. You can change the background color in preferences. In the Content tab. Background color.

Reply #2
hey thanks for stopping by  ;) do you really think they can make something here like Opera 12? I used their browser for a half an hour and experienced many crashes and problems. I never knew browsers would be so troublesome for people that know how to make them.

Yes definitely the password manager. But I can even get video to work at IMDb .   :no:

Reply #3
 Yes! I believe them very capable. What they have done so far is amazing. If they can stay with it, I think they will make one of the best browsers available. But it's still in beta, so bugs are gonna happen. Most of the "people" you know of that make browsers are all large companies with more money and staff to work with and investors and advertising dollars. Usually that means closed source software. that is not the case with Otter Browser. But so far in the 21 months that I have been following, the progress has been steady despite the delays caused by QT that everyone hopes are a thing of the past. I think I'll stay with it as long as they do.

Reply #4
 :) I too will stay with otter. In the hope they can do it. As I stop and realize I can see making a browser is a nightmare big job. YouTube videos work okay but other video players barely function at all or not at all over the Internet. I'm still using Opera 12.17 and more and more I realize what a beauty it really is or I should say was ,it's politically being outdated.we all know Opera pioneered so many breakthroughs. I hate Google I believe that they are responsible for wiping out Opera.

Come on Otter We Are Rooting for you.

Reply #5
@Spark222, if these IMDb videos are using HTML5 then you might need to install system wide video codecs to get them working.
BTW, when we will start producing QtWebEngine builds again then you should try them, these should be more stable and up to date, although missing some more advanced stuff, see:
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/615
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #6
message for the otter team, oh my God I had forgotten how bad Internet Explorer is. I tried Internet Explorer 11. You don't even want to know the results. Scams spans everything coming through . I'm speechless it's so bad

Oh yeah keep up the good work we need you more than ever. My Opera version 12 is still so far superior to other browsers, so much. Opera teem was so skilled.

Before I forget I tried copying and pasting into otter-browser-win64-weekly94 and nothing ...would not work.

I have so much respect for you guys making otter. Just massive amounts of respect. A browser must be a difficult thing indeed to make. 3 to 4 million of us probaly hoping for this project.

thanks

Reply #7
@Spark222, weekly #95 is supposed to have better support for multimedia under Windows, maybe that will help with these IMDb issues.

Reply #9
@bluedragon77, yeah, kind of, you can choose Qt style (makes more sense under Linux and BSD systems) and adjust it using QT stylesheet.
It was already possible, as Qt supports that by command line options.

Reply #10

@Spark222, weekly #95 is supposed to have better support for multimedia under Windows, maybe that will help with these IMDb issues.

I use Windows 7, Opera fan since day one. I'm using now otter 99. Video is weird I saw IMDb work and not work break up and start again and would not go full screen, YouTube would not go full screen. Multimedia is a priority for me.all flash is updated in all my browsers. I am assuming otter would use one of the sources so it should be a brand-new flash. It's not using it correctly I don't think. Still not working. I tested flash for things like coupons flyers black Friday at Best Buy is where I was and I was happy it was working. This feature no longer works in the real Opera. I was using Firefox for that. I hate having to use so many browsers sometimes for IMDb I even use Internet Explorer  :eyes: I wish Opera was really here still being updated and I really wish it with a passion.. When they destroyed it it was really tragic for me. I have faith in you guys. I don't have the skill I'm quite proud of you guys

Reply #11
@Spark222, QtWebKit is known to perform badly under Windows...
As soon as Qt 5.6 beta will be ready I'll update our QtWebEngine backend against it and I'll start producing extra builds with will include that engine.
5.6 is supposed to bring pepper flash and make that backend almost usable.