Skip to main content
Topic: Ex-President to criticise ex_Presdident son's senior staff? (Read 4121 times)

Ex-President to criticise ex_Presdident son's senior staff?

I came across a brief passing BBC comment that GW Bush's father is bringing out a book on his own life. It is being said that he did not have very much time for GW's Vice-President or Secretary of State and very disparaging about them but being unsuitable in principle and much else. Will be interesting to see if this proves to be true
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Ex-President to criticise ex_Presdident son's senior staff?

Reply #2
What I remember most about GHW Bush was him saying "Read my lips!" Which subsequently came to mean either "I'm lying" or "I'm incompetent"… (What he did to one of the western states, mine, with his screwing with the CVP still rankles.) He remains irrelevant.
(Except that W. likely went to war against Iraq's Saddam Husein after and because of Saddam's attempted assassination of his dad; such things aren't easily forgotten. Heck of a "legacy," huh?)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #3

What I remember most about GHW Bush was him saying "Read my lips!" Which subsequently came to mean either "I'm lying" or "I'm incompetent"… (What he did to one of the western states, mine, with his screwing with the CVP still rankles.) He remains irrelevant.
(Except that W. likely went to war against Iraq's Saddam Husein after and because of Saddam's attempted assassination of his dad; such things aren't easily forgotten. Heck of a "legacy," huh?)

We mis-heard him on that "Read my lips" thing. What he actually meant was "Read my lips, no nude Texans".

They're still trying to explain the birth rates in Texas during those years.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #4
:)
进行 ...

Reply #5
I did have a passing thought years ago that GW's father was a reasonable and intelligent man.

Reply #6
Yes, RJ. He was (…may still be) an intelligent man; a talented bureaucrat, at best, though. An elitist who only reached the presidency on the coattails of Ronald Reagan.
Why do so many on the left prefer and appreciate the bureaucrats? (Easy answer: That's their reflection in the mirrors of power! Un-elected, unimpeachable, and unaccountable…)
进行 ...

Reply #7
If that were the case people on the left would be on to something. The bureaucrats are the unsung heroes of history.

Reply #8
The bureaucrats are the unsung heroes of history.
At least, in the eyes of the bureaucrats! :)

But your contention would make for a good (informative, useful, contentious and important) thread!

Will you? Or shall I? :)
进行 ...

Reply #9
Hhhm. My mirror does confirm my leadership traits and history. When others look at it tey feel nervous and shy.