Skip to main content
Topic: The Queen grants an audience to the Pope (Read 8142 times)

The Queen grants an audience to the Pope

She's seen a few of them, and she'll probably see this one off too.

But what's the point? What possible value is there in Heads of (real) States meeting foreign religious leaders?

Re: The Queen grants an audience to the Pope

Reply #2
She's seen a few of them, and she'll probably see this one off too.

Wonder if he'll curtsey.

But what's the point? What possible value is there in Heads of (real) States meeting foreign religious leaders?

Well, it has a population of 800 souls and encompasses an area of 44 hectares (110 acres), a military, the Swiss Guard. As you know, however, the Pope is the leader of 1,200,000,000, many more than GB. She should consider herself lucky.

[whispers]What's wrong with you Sir String? Do your homework![/whispers]

Reply #3
I suppose he might ask after his friend rjh.

Reply #5
RJ is registered, but not active. Trying to allure him onto DnD is... What?
Should somebody tell something disgusting about Scotland or what? Is he going to keep missing the party!?:damn:

Reply #6
RJ is registered, but not active. Trying to allure him onto DnD is... What?
Should somebody tell something disgusting about Scotland or what? Is he going to keep missing the party!?

I'll open a thread at My.Opera.com that will direct him here. I'll also email him.

Reply #8

The Pope is the one who grants audiences, be it to a Queen or whatever.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #10

The Pope is the one who grants audiences, be it to a Queen or whatever.
That's probably what he thinks poor chap.

I see... some sort of Guinness world ridiculous record to brake. It only can be.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #11
Well, she is going to Italy, so I guess he's the one who is granting her an audience.

I love all this DnD international intrigue!

I shall soon grant Belfrager an audience in Grand Rapids. Of course, he will have to genuflect.

Reply #13
Anyway, I wonder what they will talk about. Presumably the coffee will be nice due to the Italian connection.

Reply #15
Well there's this, but I doubt it. To give him credit actually, of recent Popes the present encombent looks the one most equipped to deal with that sordid business.

Reply #16
I shall soon grant Belfrager an audience in Grand Rapids. Of course, he will have to genuflect.

Certainly. Even better, I'll recreate my ancestors actions and I'll offer you a rhinoceros. :)

Nice pets, rhinoceros, you can teach him to sit and roll...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #17
Well there's this, but I doubt it. To give him credit actually, of recent Popes the present encombent looks the one most equipped to deal with that sordid business.

I think the UN should put together a joint task force and attack the Vatican. However, a better solution would be to allow priests to date, marry and have babies. Tradition may be the problem here.

A priest I knew years ago solved the problem by marrying a nun. Needless to say, they both became "civilians".

Reply #18
Then there's always Phallotomy. It's amazing, is it not, what Biblical Heroes got up to.

But I digress - apologies all round. ;)

Reply #19
That puts penis envy and castration anxiety in a whole new light, doesn't it?

Reply #21
Then there's always Phallotomy.

The part Saul required was the penis!

Saul might have been a bit twerky in the jeans. Or just a collector of the odd and sordid. I once knew a woman who .....

Reply #22
BTW,
Noun. penis (plural penises or penes) The male sexual organ for copulation and urination; the tubular portion of the male genitalia (excluding the scrotum).

I reckon Anuswers.com get it wrong:
What is the plural form of penis? The plural form of penis is peni. It is similar to cactus and cacti.
:bs:
Do you require images?:)