Are natural disasters natural?

Yes.
[ 1 ] (100%)
No, Katsung's enemies cause them.
[ 0 ] (0%)
What a hell!
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Topic: Natural Disasters (Read 2970 times)

Natural Disasters

This winter (January-February 2014) one such occasion troubles people in Somerset, East Anglia.
Do you imagine a hacking rain amidst the winter, when people's homes get drowned or so? Well, I haven't heard of any multiple casualties, though, but it seems I, for one, wouldn't enjoy waddling through the pond resulted out of my hometown. In damn winter. Happy Year!.. Nice...

Re: Natural Disasters

Reply #1
Is it OK to post on unnatural things here?

The mayor of Sochi, host of the Winter Olympics, has said there are no gay people in the city.

Anatoly Pakhomov said homosexuals were welcome at the Games - as long as they "respect Russian law" and "don't impose their habits on others".

I do understand, though, because the Russian President is a very manly man.

So far as I know gays don't impose their habits on others, but what do I know?

Reply #4
Guys, gays are natural, but not a disaster. (Some think the other way round, though, I reckon...)
Baru, "on" and "below" are not a semantic pair in English.

Reply #5
It happens that I drove by the site of a natural disaster, though it was probably helped along a little by the doings of man. Most people haven't heard about the Peshtigo Fire because the Chicago fire got all the news that day, but-- the Peshtigo conflagration was bigger by far, and killed many more people-- estimates range between 1,500 and 2,500-- nobody knows for sure. Several towns in that part of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan got leveled in a huge, wind-whipped firestorm fed by a cold-front advancing over drought-stricken timber and farmland. Several smaller fires had been burning for some time already when the front came through.

It is reliably reported that Katsung's enemies had nothing to do with it since their grandfathers hadn't been born yet.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!