Skip to main content
Topic: Is stupidity taught? (Read 22156 times)

Re: Is stupidity taught?

Reply #75
M<e being teed of Oakdale?! Considering the way your country is run one is hardly surprised there are so many folk there also teed off with things.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #76
No one has pacience for the American traumas. A problem for the English to deal with.
As was Portugal a trauma for the EU. Happily, the EU came to the rescue on a white stallion with saddlebags full of Euros.

The Chinese do that for us, but in dollars. And now the Chinese economy is troubled.

Reply #77
As was Portugal a trauma for the EU. Happily, the EU came to the rescue on a white stallion with saddlebags full of Euros.

I suppose you only have access to some comic book version of history, probably by Marvel.
Let me guess, The Fantastic Four fights the Eurozone? Captain America rescues Portugal from German Nazi meteorites?
:zzz:
A matter of attitude.

Reply #78
When you see the political and economic state of the ex-colonies it is hardly a very sound foundation to criticise a small nation in Europe. The place does have a long history including across the world. In summation I only have one very disappointing needle with Portugal which at the same time does not contradict my comment here.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #79
My grandpa was a water diviner from the old school and he never failed to find water. I took the notion a bit further and found that there is a communication between atoms of a specific element or compound of elements that is not bound by distance between the elements or compound. This is very easily tested and the results are reproducible. EVERYTHING is electrical. Let that sink in via books: The Body Electric., The Secret Life Of Plants,The Electric Universe. Dr Jack Kruse: Quantum Health: Light, Water and Magnetism.   Study Nikolai Tesla in depth.  Why do physicists use terms from the Jewish Kaballa? You can not solve a problem using the thinking that caused the problem. In this context I use the term "electrical" loosely considering that we do not have specific terms for al parts of the energy spectrum.

Reply #80
What kind of terms from the Kabbalah do physicists use?

Reply #82
I'm assuming "physics" is used with reference to the apothecary "sciences" -- (methinks the lad has imbibed to deeply and perhaps indiscriminately of the various elements of the ancient and modern pharmacological gardens...:)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #83
Single post of a guest poster. He'll never come back to answer.
Good. He's already overloaded his share of rubbish he's allowed to post - in a single post.

Reply #84
Two mass shootings this month in USA in quick succession (Buffalo, NY, and Uvalde, TX) and the gun-rightists suggest things like having just one door to schools (how does this jibe with fire security?), having an armed officer doing airport-style checks at the door, automatic interlocking doors in buildings, bullet-proof windows, arming teachers etc.

Much of this is already the case in the U S of A. Has it contributed to prevent shootings? Is it really the land of the free when children cannot go to school without passing security checks for guns? This level of stupidity has to be taught, indoctrinated.

I have visited United States. It felt very much like a miserable Third World dump. I do not see any reason for the level of respect, obedience and fear for USA that, say, the EU displays. Maybe just that policing the world is a thankless task and nobody else wants to be in that role.

Reply #85
the gun-rightists suggest things like having just one door to schools (how does this jibe with fire security?)
While I'm not sure how many doors we had exactly at my high school, I think only three or so were generally used as regular doors. There were more fire doors, as in the kind of door you can only open from the inside with some kind of door-wide handle.

Having only a single normal door sounds very annoying at best of course, but as such it seems perfectly compatible with fire safety, at least in theory.

Reply #86
Having only a single normal door sounds very annoying at best of course, but as such it seems perfectly compatible with fire safety, at least in theory.
Having only one *general entrance* is fine, while there absolutely must be emergency exits in every direction. In my schools (pre-university) there were max two entrances: The other one for teachers and staff.

In Uvalde, TX, there was some unlocked backdoor, so there was negligence with doors at the school for sure. However, as the news say, the shooter crashed his car near the school, he was stopped by the police just before entering the school, but mysteriously allowed to continue anyway. So, this time the usual "add more good guys with guns" argument doesn't fly, because there in fact were good guys with guns on the spot, but they failed at their job.

By the way, NRA annual meeting starts today in Houston, TX. Guess if everybody can keep their right to bear arms when Trump and others do speeches.