Bye.

:bye:

Re: Bye.

Reply #1
? where are you going to?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #2
Have a good trip and come back safe.  ;)

Reply #3
  Come back soon.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #5
 :faint:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #6
Please, come back! I feel so lonely down under here.

Reply #7
Crivvens you must be hard stuck!

Reply #8
I feel so lonely down under here.

Indeed, the south hemisphere is lacking representatives, you should had never turned independent, now you're alone, isolated, sad and regretting it. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #10
You have to remember Belfrager that because they walk upside down the blood rushes to the head. Doesn't help much.

Reply #11
You are much better without us now.

Don't post that Barulheira, I like my Country to be the best hidden secret in Europe. Let's keep it that way.

Besides, rjhowie says that you walk upside down so blood rushes to your head. I suggest you to walk upside down, since you are already doing it, my suggestion will put you finally walking upside up and being able to agree with me. :)

A matter of attitude.

Reply #13
The only refugees I know that crossed the Atlantic were those that we call today Americans... and they weren't exactly refugees just mere economic emigrants with enough money to pay for a third class ticket in regular trans Atlantic cruisers.

Were I an American like social Darwinist and I would call them just losers. Glad I'm not.

Anyway, this tread is for us to mourn our only antipode that decided to abandon us.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #14
Well that would be as bad Belfrager as people walking up rough mountains in bare feet for some "saint" or other!  ;)

Reply #15
tt- a stalwart with a nice sense of humour. I do hope he's in good health. Best regards.

Reply #16
You are fully entitled to your opinion of course!

Reply #18
I've considered leaving more than once in recent months. Haven't done it yet (obviously) but sometimes it's been a close call.

One note: If/when I do make that decision, it's forever.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #19
 I suggest moving this thread to the Members only part "Forum Administratio". It is worth discussing, but located here it is a sort of negative advert for DnD.

With that assumption;

Never say never (as they say), but there is a problem as we reach critical mass.

Threads become a bit threadbare and there are not enough to disagree on one but make up and agree on another, or indeed to spark the interest of much more than a few at a time.

I've not thought of leaving myself but do struggle to find a vigorous discussion to join in which is not, shall be say, too caustic.

What to do about it?

Reply #20
I don't understand. Is that what happened to tt?

I fully understand taking a break. Sometimes life takes over and my mind just isn't into it or my mood changes and 'debate' just isn't for me. But, I don't understand the emotion behind deciding to never come back. I'd miss you guys... Eventually :P

Reply #21
Thread moved as requested.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #22

Thread moved as requested.

Thanks

suggest also flagging the move in dnd  central so others e.g. 'Bye relocated

Reply #23

I don't understand. Is that what happened to tt?

I fully understand taking a break. Sometimes life takes over and my mind just isn't into it or my mood changes and 'debate' just isn't for me. But, I don't understand the emotion behind deciding to never come back. I'd miss you guys... Eventually :P

I suspect he keeps an eye on things, but let's hope it is a trial separation while Australia is still in the Rugby World Cup.

I used the term "critical mass" earlier and it's sort of appropriate, one needs enough people interested in a particular subject in order to keep it alive.

For example a hot topic in the UK at the moment is the new leader of the Labour Party. I can't imagine more than 3 or our number in discussing such a topic. It's  the same with discussing Trump in the US context 3 or 4 Americans would be interested but not that many others. If I post about football/ soccer; again not so many. The old subjects of religion, terrorists, guns and even good have been cover ed d so much that we could probably write each other's posts!

Clearly we need more posters and fresher subjects of international interest. The old problem we started with.

Reply #24
Alas, the Otter posters are cross-posting less than I'd hoped. :)