Skip to main content
Topic: MyOpera stock smileys and Tamil's smileys (Read 6695 times)

MyOpera stock smileys and Tamil's smileys

Hello guys,

I like those smileys very much and would hate to loose them once the myo server goes down!

Presently we are able to use them here through the quick-reply script (or directly) that many of us  are using in the myopera forums! However unless we find a new home for those smileys they will cease to exist!

So do you guys have any thought in this matter?
Thanks!

Re: MyOpera stock smileys and Tamil's smileys

Reply #1
I was going to suggest something like imigur for hosting them but have the feeling it would be against the T&C's somehow.  :-\
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #2
Yes I've thought about that! And yes I think it's against terms! :(

Reply #3
I could easily put them up since they'd take little space, and making them usable on the forum shouldn't take much effort either, but I should take matters like e.g. copyright into account. In the case of the MyOpera smilies I'll probably keep a copy myself, but weren't there some hidden ones too?

Reply #4
ׂ

Reply #5

I could easily put them up since they'd take little space, and making them usable on the forum shouldn't take much effort either, but I should take matters like e.g. copyright into account. In the case of the MyOpera smilies I'll probably keep a copy myself, but weren't there some hidden ones too?

Thanks that would be great!
Not sure about the copyright though, I never checked I guess!

I only aware of 81 stock smileys and 54/55 of Tamil's smileys! So there are more, hmm! where to find them....

Copyright should be dishonorably taken away from Opera after what they have done.

lol

Where have these two "Tamil's smileys" originally come from? Are they really Immersion Power Board smileys? I'm seeing this style all over the net these days.

No idea, you need to ask Tamil.

Reply #6
ׂ

Reply #7
I see norris in here, never saw the s-moustache before though!

Reply #8
ׂ

Reply #9
Nope 81 here:
Code: [Select]

var smilies = {
':)'        : 'smile.gif',       ':('         : 'frown.gif',        ':o'         : 'blush.gif',
':D'        : 'bigsmile.gif',    ';)'         : 'wink.gif',         ':p'         : 'tongue.gif',
':cool:'    : 'cool.gif',        ':awww:'     : 'awww.gif',         ':mad:'      : 'mad.gif',
':eek:'     : 'eek.gif',         ':worried:'  : 'worried.gif',      ':yuck:'     : 'yuck.gif',
':irked:'   : 'irked.gif',       ':happy:'    : 'pleased.gif',      ':eyes:'     : 'bigeyes.gif',
':ko:'      : 'knockout.gif',    ':left:'     : 'left.gif',         ':right:'    : 'right.gif',
':whistle:' : 'whistle.gif',     ':zip:'      : 'zipped.gif',       ':sst:'      : 'sst.gif',
':angel:'   : 'angel.gif',       ':devil:'    : 'devil.gif',        ':cat:'      : 'cat.gif',
':clown:'   : 'sadclown.gif',    ':king:'     : 'king.gif',         ':queen:'    : 'queen.gif',
':zzz:'     : 'zzz.gif',         ':alien:'    : 'alien.gif',        ':lol:'      : 'haha.gif',
':faint:'   : 'faint.gif',       ':psmurf:'   : 'papasmurf.gif',    ':smurf:'    : 'smurf.gif',
':wine:'    : 'wine.gif',        ':beer:'     : 'beeer.gif',        ':star:'     : 'star.gif',
':cry:'     : 'weeping.gif',     ':insane:'   : 'scared.gif',       ':bomb:'     : 'bomb.gif',
':love:'    : 'love.gif',        ':flirt:'    : 'flirt.gif',        ':rolleyes:' : 'rolleyes.gif',
':pirate:'  : 'pirate.gif',      ':spock:'    : 'spock.gif',        ':beard:'    : 'beard.gif',
':up:'      : 'thumbsup.gif',    ':down:'     : 'thumbsdown.gif',   ':cheers:'   : 'cheers.gif',
':idea:'    : 'idea.gif',        ':confused:' : 'confused.gif',     ':wait:'     : 'waiting.gif',
':coffee:'  : 'coffee.gif',      ':sing:'     : 'sing.gif',         ':ninja:'    : 'ninja.gif',
':knight:'  : 'knight.gif',      ':chef:'     : 'chef.gif',         ':hat:'      : 'party.gif',
':wizard:'  : 'wizard.gif',      ':drunk:'    : 'drunk.gif',        ':sherlock:' : 'detective.gif',
':furious:' : 'furious.gif',     ':yikes:'    : 'yikes.gif',        ':troll:'    : 'troll.gif',
':bandit:'  : 'bandit.gif',      ':jester:'   : 'jester.gif',       ':yes:'      : 'yes.gif',
':no:'      : 'no.gif',          ':headbang:' : 'headbang.gif',     ':heart:'    : 'heart.gif',
':doh:'     : 'doh.gif',         ':nervous:'  : 'nervous.gif',      ':banana:'   : 'banana.gif',
':monkey:'  : 'monkey.gif',      ':cow:'      : 'cow.gif',          ':pingu:'    : 'pingu.gif',
':bug:'     : 'bug.gif',         ':dragonfly:': 'dragonfly.gif',    ':rip:'      : 'rip.gif',
':norris:'  : 'norris.gif',      ':hi:'       : 'hi.gif',           ':bye:'      : 'bye.gif'};

purple!!?? showing right here.... are you using any ICC profile on your monitor BTW?

Reply #10
ׂ

Reply #11
Oh! I see now, it's alright! indeed K,Q,L & F are purple but when viewed as smileys they are yellow ---- yep the files they link actually are different! You will see the same for "chef" look closely. ;)

Reply #12
I get 81 smilies too, but I think my order is different. O_o

Anyway, e.g. Chuck Norris used to be hidden, but there might be others. See e.g. http://my.opera.com/community/blog/find-the-smilies

• One of the hidden smilies is a tough guy known for his roundhouse kicks.

• If people are with someone they really like, they tend do ... a bit.

• An expression often said out loud about something really cute.

• Another word for facial hair.

• In a certain mini-game in WarioWare, Inc., players are required to scare people away with this character.

• This smiley is an animated character often seen in the PenguinsPlus group.

Anyway, judging by Tamil's comment, there were 75 visible smilies and 6 hidden ones, which would seem to account for all of our present 81.

As for alternative smiley activators, here's some indicators:
http://my.opera.com/Stomyr/blog/smiley-list-d

Reply #13
I didn't knew about this, I could have got that t-shirt!

It's all Bailey's fault!

Reply #14
I have just uploaded all 91 of the Smileys ( .png format ) from here to my website. 

Here are just the first 11:

Again, all 91 .png Smileys from the file I downloaded from here have been uploaded.

When I get a chance, I'll actually post them on my site.

Enjoy

.......... you can have a peek at more smileys on My Website

Reply #15
ׂ

Reply #16
tried to hide it behind tinyurl

On that note, this isn't Twitter! There's a limit of many thousands of characters (determined by me; I'll have to give it some thought eventually), but in practice that still means URLs can be as long as you want.

Reply #17

tried to hide it behind tinyurl

On that note, this isn't Twitter! There's a limit of many thousands of characters (determined by me; I'll have to give it some thought eventually), but in practice that still means URLs can be as long as you want.

I'm a bit bewildered, so will somebody please clarify for me.

There seems to be some confusion about me "trying to hide" something.

I never, ever 'tried to hide' anything --- & anyone who misinterprets my activity is flat out, beyond a doubt, mistaken.

Firstly, when I post I do so in an outward & open fashion, & never hide any of my thoughts.

I wear my beliefs openly, & I take exception to anyone who, either directly or indirectly, to suggest otherwise.

I have in the past, & will at my pleasure in the future, shorten any link I so choose purely at my pleasure.......for the sole reason of shortening the link....period, & not to encourage some childish conspiracy theorists to arms who misinterpret me doing so as somehow disingenuous, or in order 'to hide' anything.

Reply #18
I'm pretty sure it was tongue in cheek. The point is primarily that there's no need to. ;)

Reply #19
@Frenzie

Glad to hear that. I was hoping that's all it was, but dealing with the likes of some moonbats in the past, it begged clarification.

Reply #20
ׂ

Reply #21
SEE here for your familiar little smiling friends