Skip to main content
Topic: Living in a Farm... (Read 26300 times)

Re: Living in a Farm...

Reply #50
Mandy, for some folks it's air going in one ear and out the other unobstructed.

Reply #51
Did you know that the glottis is the smallest opening in the body that air passes through?

Really? the things women knows about... amazing.
I have a friend that closes his nose and he's able to make air to pass through the inner junction of his eyes... I suppose that's a smaller opening than the glottis...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #52
It's surprising how so many people I speak with enjoys the idea of a subsistence farming life but always something prevents them to make such step.

That something it's called materialism and constant brain washing. One can still see a tiny light that appears in their eyes but rapidly extinguishes and so they return to their comatose daily life.

An handful of braves still resists, there's hope. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #54
Ecovillages and intentional comunities. Way to go.
For the energetic challenge the Stirling machine (producing electricity by the difference of temperatures) seems to me appropriate.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #55
It's surprising how so many people I speak with enjoys the idea of a subsistence farming life but always something prevents them to make such step.
Might it have something to do with -oh, I don't know- "modern" amenities? (Computers, etc.)
Your ideal would be a — recommendation of parasitism. (Why am I not surprised? :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #56
Might it have something to do with -oh, I don't know- "modern" amenities? (Computers, etc.)
Your ideal would be a -- recommendation of parasitism. (Why am I not surprised?  :)  )
Why a "recommendation of parasitism."? Since when living directly from what you produce is to be considered parasitism? So many years of consumerism, political brainwash and citizen serfdom are preventing people from thinking anymore?

Maybe you're confusing me with some hippy comunity living from the social security check while in harmony with universal vibrations and nice dope. You coudn't be more wrong.
My project is a strong and deep cultural, political, social, economic and ecological resistance movement.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #57
My project is a strong and deep cultural, political, social, economic and ecological resistance movement.
Iconic irony! :)
进行 ...

Reply #59
What are you "resisting"? :)
进行 ...

Reply #60
Just for you, Belfrager, a perfect little Portuguese farm!

Reply #62
Permaculture, twelve principles around three values.
Any comments?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #63

What are the principles and what are the values?

Reply #64
Isn't the image self explanatory to answer your question? or are you using one of those only text browsers you like so much and can't see any image?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #65
Sorry. I was on Elinks and it shows no images. I am often on Elinks precisely to avoid images. I see now, pretty picture :)

Reply #66
Living on a farm:

No subtle irony. I'm just posting it because IMHO the picture has turned out well. :)

Reply #69
…not to mention that the whole idea is parasitical. :)
Without modern technology, less than 10% of the world's population could survive. (Of course, the "friends of the earth" are okay with that!.)
But as long as Belfrager is "happy", eh? :)
进行 ...

Reply #70
Drinking too much of that stuff is bad for your liver, ya know.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #72
Without modern technology, less than 10% of the world's population could survive.
Wrong, very wrong Oakdale.
When 20% of world's population consumes 80% of total ressources, it turns very clear that what matters is not the number of people but their behavior.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #73
He thinks that the 80% who consume 20% are parasites on the 20% who consume 80%. It's useless to say to such a guy that he's wrong.

Reply #74
You both use very bizarre definitions of "resources"… Should the Russians, the Iranians and the Saudis be forced to drink their oil? Should the Chinese and Germans be forced to eat their coal? But, of course, what you mean is that the U.S. is more successful than most other countries…
Why am I not surprised? :)

Next, you'll say that there's too much tea and rice in China.
进行 ...