Skip to main content
Topic: Maps-Maps-Maps! ?  (Read 78409 times)

Re: Maps-Maps-Maps! ?

Reply #251
I need a map to the treasure.....
A matter of attitude.

Reply #252

Reply #253
Ignoring Africa?? How odd.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #254

Reply #255
Another lie.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #256

Reply #257

Reply #258
Does that say Morocco?

Reply #259
Morocco is as European as they go. Practically Portugal. The US GDP (nominal) is 18.6 terabuck, while the EU is 17.1 terabuck. A little padding is necessary.

https://youtu.be/BkL9l7qovsE

Reply #260
I don't dispute that most of North Africa is probably closer to something in between "Europe" and "the Middle East" than what is popularly understood by "Africa", although all of Africa is united in being formerly subjugated by European colonial powers. But when it says European countries, putting Morocco smack dead in the middle kind of jumps out at me. :P

Reply #261
all of Africa is united in being formerly subjugated by European colonial powers.
In the past as in present times. However, the methods got a more 'human face'...
And not only European powers which gradually are loosing their power there.

Reply #262
although all of Africa is united in being formerly subjugated by European colonial powers.
The only thing Africa is united is in robbing the populations for feeding the corrupt criminal governments supported by all the northerner european barbarians.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #263
Oil producing countries sized by production

Reply #264
The world divided into areas of 100 million people

The world divided in areas of 1 trillion dollar GDP

Old map URLs broken, so repost with fresher URLs. 100 megapeople

1 terabuck

Or even simpler, each region one billion people. Currently the Americas, Europe, and Africa have one billion each, while Asia has four. Later Asia and Africa are expected to get one more billion each.

Reply #265
I don't understand this map. there's more people and there's less people, as obviously.
The less will tend to get richer, the more to be poorless. Nothing new under the sun.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #266
How life expectancy in U.S. counties compares to other countries

In 2014, the United States ranked 41st in the world in life expectancy, with an average American expected to live to age 78. But, like most averages, that doesn't paint the whole picture. Life expectancy is more like Norway's in some parts of the country and more like Kazakhstan's in others.

That's why it's more useful to look at it county by county. Here's how life expectancy in U.S. counties compare to averages around the world.

Reply #267
Life expectancy is more like Norway's in some parts of the country and more like Kazakhstan's in others.

That's why it's more useful to look at it county by county. Here's how life expectancy in U.S. counties compare to averages around the world.
That made me curious how it would be per municipality in other countries. StatBel doesn't seem to offer nice maps, but De Standaard made one with the info. The difference between Flanders and Wallonia is quite striking when presented like that. If I were the earlier article, I'd say Flanders is like the Netherlands/Norway, and Wallonia is like, um, Estonia? :P

For the Netherlands we have this (region) and this (municipality).

(All maps are interactive; I suppose I could screenshot them for picture embedding.)

Reply #268
Even city boroughs can have large differences. From Still large differences of life expectancy within Oslo (Norwegian) we can see graphs like this (changes for men in Oslo boroughs 2000-2011). Incidentally Sagene was the borough I used to live in, maybe good that I moved out… On the other hand a 4 year increase of life expectancy in 8 years is not bad.

Reply #270
Largest immigrant groups in North America south of the Wall.

Europe north of the moat 

Reply #272

Reply #273
This is fantastic, faith circumspected to border lines. Geography over spirituality.
It's protestant "faith", so it doesn't surprises me.
A matter of attitude.