Skip to main content
Topic: Maps-Maps-Maps! ?  (Read 78615 times)

Re: Maps-Maps-Maps! ?

Reply #150
Seas are quite noisy nowadays. :left:

Reply #151
Have been since the early 20th century at the latest, I'd think.

Reply #154
Noise pollution refers to annoying stuff like cars and other machinery, not to regular background noise.

Reply #155
Noise pollution refers to annoying stuff like cars and other machinery, not to regular background noise.

You mean nostalgic sounds as birds singing in the forest? Birds singing in the forest are not compatible with the consumerism people wants.
Give people noise until they turn absolutely mad, maybe then birds sings again. Flying over a cuckoo's nest.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #156
Noise pollution?

Strangely, noise pollution from our airport has decreased, as shown in this map.

Reply #157
Strangely, noise pollution from our airport has decreased

It's not strange, airplanes do less noise these days, besides they take off without full power on for accomplishing stricter noise regulations (or ban the Concorde...) . Then surprise accidents happens.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #158
Pangea world map, a little out of date.

Reply #160
Pangea world map, a little out of date.

Perhaps, but in general, it's a fair representation of the whole thing. I prefer this one, however.

And this one.

There's good news hidden in maps if you just look hard enough.
The recent decline in births across Portugal — to 89,841 babies in 2012, a 14 percent drop since 2008 — has been so acute that the national government is moving to close a slew of maternity wards nationwide. In an increasingly childless country, 239 schools are shutting down this year and sales of products such as baby diapers and children’s shampoos are plummeting.

Reply #161

Here's a map of where the population in Europe is shrinking and growing.

http://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/europakarte/#4/50.82/22.50/de

In the course of only the first decade of this century.

It looks like Estonia has not been doing as bad as Latvia and Lithuania during that time. However, the statistics covering 1990-2010 show that each Baltic state lost half a million people (forgive some convenient rounding), which means Estonia was hit proportionally hardest, as it had the smallest population to begin with.

BTW, what's up with Ireland?

Reply #162
BTW, what's up with Ireland?

Or down? There's no up in the universe because there's no center of the universe, which leads to the observation that the big bang happened everywhere, perhaps somewhere near Ireland.

Reply #163
The only relevant map it's birth rate per country.
The only growing are Ottomans and Vikings, then France and England thanks to the Muslim population invading it.
Iceland is doing good, be aware of the Icelandic invasion soon.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #164
Careful, Belfrager, the Vikings may be coming again!

In 844 the Vikings attacked Spain and Portugal. (At that time the Iberian Peninsula was controlled by Muslims). They sacked Lisbon, Cadiz and Medina Sidonia then captured Seville. However the Muslims counterattacked and defeated them. The survivors fled.

The Vikings carried out further raids on Spain and Portugal but the Muslims fought back effectively.

Reply #165
Small potatoes: Percentage of farmland growing potatoes

Reply #166
Huh, I'd have expected North America to have more. But I suppose if it's spread out enough the total volume could still exceed Europe.

Reply #167

Careful, Belfrager, the Vikings may be coming again!

In 844 the Vikings attacked Spain and Portugal. (At that time the Iberian Peninsula was controlled by Muslims). They sacked Lisbon, Cadiz and Medina Sidonia then captured Seville. However the Muslims counterattacked and defeated them. The survivors fled.

The Vikings carried out further raids on Spain and Portugal but the Muslims fought back effectively.

Where are you? Is this tt92's goodbye a contagious disease?
By the way, don't post imbecilities like that, if you want to post about Iberian Peninsula ask me first.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #169
And Switzerland is a hole in Europe. :left:

Reply #170
There's also some stuff missing east of the Adriatic. :P

Reply #171
Innovation is measured using a set of criteria including the number of new products invented, the percentage of high-tech jobs, and the number of graduates available to tech industry employers.
By other words, innovation is a fraud.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #172
I always suspected you lived in the Alabama of Europe.  :lol:

Reply #173

I always suspected you lived in the Alabama of Europe.  :lol:
Anything against Alabama?  :mad:

:sing:  "Alabama Song (Whisky Bar) by The Doors"

Well, show me the way
To the next whisky bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why

For if we don't find
The next whisky bar
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you, I tell you
I tell you we must die

Oh, moon of Alabama
We now must say goodbye
We've lost our good old mama
And must have whisky, oh, you know why

A matter of attitude.

Reply #174
I like that response. Just never was a Doors fan. Really not a 60's-70's rock fan at all. Odd too, I can listen to almost anything. (Definitely not The Beetles tho, :yuck: )