Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460982 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #350
Yea...yea! lol I like those too.

Reply #351
There are some that aren't tho. I could think of a few. Like, surprise I just took a bat to your car. Oh shit, that wasn't the right car. Looked like :insertname: car. My bad! lol

By heck remind me not to get on your wrong side.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #353

Anyone got anything exciting planned for the weekend?

Nope, overworked. By the time I got home I only had time to eat dinner, take a shower, and go to bed. I finally have time to come back here again. :)

Reply #354
ׂ

Reply #355
Haha. I'm not that type.

Phew! Thank goodness for that.

Nope, overworked. By the time I got home I only had time to eat dinner, take a shower, and go to bed.

Sounds like you won't have been watching much of the Winter Olympics then.

Where is the cookie cat Ohme?

He deleted his account the same day as he deleted his MyOpera one. No idea why though.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #356
Quote from: Luxor
Sounds like you won't have been watching much of the Winter Olympics then.

Didn't make that much of a difference...local TV didn't even broadcast USA vs Russia hockey match. I guess you need a premium channel to watch it.  ::)

Reply #357
I guess you need a premium channel to watch it.

Really! That's not entering into the spirit of the Olympics is it.
I thought they were supposed to be kept away from paying channels so that everyone could view them.

Reply #358

I guess you need a premium channel to watch it.

Really! That's not entering into the spirit of the Olympics is it.
I thought they were supposed to be kept away from paying channels so that everyone could view them.

I'll just be glad when it's all over and regular programming resumes. Been missing out on bunches of my shows...:(
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #359
Been missing out on bunches of my shows.

Can't you catch them up on-line? I thought you would have had plenty box sets to keep you going during the Olympics anyway.

Reply #360

Been missing out on bunches of my shows.

Can't you catch them up on-line? I thought you would have had plenty box sets to keep you going during the Olympics anyway.

Well, I made the sad mistake of catching up on all the current shows airing so now I'm eager to see the latest. My own fault for not keeping myself a few episodes behind on a given show...>sigh<...
Act like it!

Reply #361
My own fault for not keeping myself a few episodes behind on a given show...>sigh<

Let that be a lesson to you then. 
Look on the bright side, the Olympics will soon be over and your normal viewing will be resumed.

Reply #362
Look on the bright side, the Olympics will soon be over and your normal viewing will be resumed.

Yup, I think expatri will appreciate his upcoming shows  better once the Olympics is over. :D

I felt sick and had to call in this morning. The bad thing about calling in sick is that I don't get paid.  :-\  The good thing is...I get a Friday off. :P

Reply #363
I felt sick and had to call in this morning.

Hope you get over it quickly whatever it is.
The bad thing about calling in sick is that I don't get paid.

That sucks. 
The good thing is...I get a Friday off.

What is it they say about clouds and silver linings.

Reply #364

Thanks. I felt nausea all night and couldn't sleep. But I'm feeling a bit better already. :)
What is it they say about clouds and silver linings.

Yup, I had to work every freakin' Friday. Kinda nice to have a Friday off for a change. :P

Reply #367

Thanks. I felt nausea all night and couldn't sleep. But I'm feeling a bit better already. :)

Sorry you're tummy's under the weather, but glad that it's clearing up quickly. Sucks about no paid sick time.

Act like it!

Reply #368
@Syav- Hope you feel better soon. That sucks about not getting paid when you're sick. I'm fortunate enough to receive PTO when I'm out of work. I accrue so many hours per pay period, which is determined on how many years you've worked for the company. Comes in handy when I get put on call or called off for low census. And there's always getting paid while vacationing. ;)

Reply #369

@Syav- Hope you feel better soon. That sucks about not getting paid when you're sick. I'm fortunate enough to receive PTO when I'm out of work. I accrue so many hours per pay period, which is determined on how many years you've worked for the company. Comes in handy when I get put on call or called off for low census. And there's always getting paid while vacationing. ;)

PTO is nice. We get a lump sum at the start of each year. This year I have a little over 7 weeks to burn...:)
Act like it!

Reply #370

PTO is nice. We get a lump sum at the start of each year. This year I have a little over 7 weeks to burn...:)

That's nice. I accrue 7.something each pay period. We also get 2 days a year that we can cash it in for cash money as long as we keep 40 hours in the bank. I've done it a few times but since being one night shift I've used up a lot of it because of being put on call, vacation last year and when i was out after my surgery. I'm slowly building it back up.

Reply #373
It is paid time off.

Ah! rather obvious now I come to think of it.
We just call it holiday pay here.