Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 459252 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1975
Less success over here I'm afraid. You seemed great but the other candidate has more experience. Which is still nice to hear and all but it's not a job.
Hopefully something will turn up for you soon. Just be in the right place at the right time. ;)
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1976
Less success over here I'm afraid. You seemed great but the other candidate has more experience. Which is still nice to hear and all but it's not a job. :)
At least you get explanations. Over here I usually get turned down without any explanation. I will never know if there were other candidates unless I get hired. The most common occurrence is that my applications to vacant job ads are entirely ignored. So I should not be offering tips, really.

However, this time something hit right in the market situation, as a bank was aiming to expand and recruited all sorts of weird people to its back-office, some of whom must still fall to the wayside during the introductory courses. My own chances to stay with the job are pretty good, because I have earlier similar experience, so understanding the courses is mostly a matter of recalling what I used to know some decade ago.

All I want is to sit at my desk and do the same familiar things day in day out. And get decently paid for it. This meant that at the job interview I had to seriously exert myself to show some ambition and excitement to learn "new" things, even when none of this is new or exciting for me. I think I (and some others) got hired because the bar was set pretty low by the interviewers. For salaries I did not get as much as I asked, but it is notably higher than at my previous job, so it's okay for now. Hopefully I will be able to maneuvre myself to more/other tasks later that will pay as much as I want so I will stay content longer. I hope this is not the kind of organisation that would collapse when an employee wants to move between departments...

Reply #1977
This place is dead too.  :rip:

Reply #1978
Well, not very lively. Also it is Friday 13th today.

Reply #1979
A normal Friday then.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.