Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460918 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #301
Grrr.... What was once a good phone is now a POS. An upgrade popped up and I declined it initially. A few hours later it pops up again but this time it doesn't give me an option. It was either not be able to use my phone or upgrade. Now, for the last few days anyways, it has been popping up ten million notifications and apps & texting haven't been working properly. Not to mention how slow it's running compared to how it was before. WHY? lol

Reply #302
Grrr.... What was once a good phone is now a POS. An upgrade popped up and I declined it initially. A few hours later it pops up again but this time it doesn't give me an option. It was either not be able to use my phone or upgrade.

Jeez! whatever happened to user choice?
Surely it should be up to you if you upgrade your phone or not.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #303
I meant update. Sorry. Haha. This is the first time it's ever done that to me. I even shut it off and turned it back on to see if it would clear it. Nope. Looks like I'll be purchasing a new phone soon.

Reply #304
I meant update.

Upgrade/update it doesn't really matter, it should still be your choice not theirs. If you have to buy a new one you should send them the bill.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #305

I meant update.

Upgrade/update it doesn't really matter, it should still be your choice not theirs. If you have to buy a new one you should send them the bill.

There's an idea. Only, I don't think At&t will go for it.

Edit: My WiFi isn't working properly either. It states I have unstable connection in my house, where it didn't used to. Grrr!

Reply #306
There's an idea. Only, I don't think At&t will go for it.

Maybe they will. More exactly, they might replace it under warranty. Those sound like software/firmware problems, which are a manufacturer defect.

Reply #307
Edit: My WiFi isn't working properly either. It states I have unstable connection in my house, where it didn't used to. Grrr!

Sounds like technology is out to ruin your day. 
Have you tried swearing at your router? That's what I do if it mine misbehaves.

Reply #308
My router's been great since I replaced it with an ASUS RT-N16 running TomatoUSB.

The router I had (well, still have somewhere) before that was alright but for some reason would crash within half a minute or so if I tried to use the WiFi with my phone.

Reply #309
I'm using a Belkin one at the moment and not having any problems with it. It's a damn site better than my last one which was supplied by my ISP.
That was a Netgear model but it wouldn't hold it's wi-fi signal for more than ten minutes no matter what I tried . Shockingly bad piece of junk.   I know you can't expect to get the best router available from your ISP, but one that actually works isn't too much to ask for.

Reply #310

Sounds like technology is out to ruin your day. 
Have you tried swearing at your router? That's what I do if it mine misbehaves.

No I haven't.  I know it's not the router's fault. I have cussed like a sailor at my phone for days now. Laptops and tablets connections to the router is perfect with a strong signal. I'm hoping it'd be covered under warranty. Although, I fear I've had my phone too long. Is there usually a time limit on a warranty? They'll take one look at my phone and throw it back at me. Screen is cracked and the casing is all beat up. 

Reply #312
Although, I fear I've had my phone too long. Is there usually a time limit on a warranty? They'll take one look at my phone and throw it back at me. Screen is cracked and the casing is all beat up. 

The warranty is usually for one year, but yeah they won't take it back in that condition. It was just a thought.

Reply #313

I'm using a Belkin one at the moment and not having any problems with it.

That's what we have. :)

My last two wifi routers were Belkins. The first one worked fine but then I upgraded it for all of the streaming and devices I have at home. Well the second one turned out to be a POS. All the ethernet ports died. Fortunately my PC has a wifi card so I could still connect to the internet until I could replace the dying router.

Now I have a Linksys...seems to be working fine so far (fingers crossed)...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #314

Famous last words,  you have just given it the kiss of death now.

Reply #316
ׂ

Reply #317

Famous last words,  you have just given it the kiss of death now.

I'm with Luxor. You might be shooting yourself in the foot with that statement. :P

Hence the crossed fingers...:P
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #318
You know what really grinds my gears?

Adoption laws throughout the US. How the actual hell can state's prevent an adoptee from seeing their original birth certificate in what is termed an "open" adoption?

Absolute load of nonsense, it is.

Reply #319
Adoption laws throughout the US. How the actual hell can state's prevent an adoptee from seeing their original birth certificate in what is termed an "open" adoption?

Don't know much about adoption or American laws to be honest, but isn't that against their human rights? If not it should be.

Reply #320

Don't know much about adoption or American laws to be honest, but isn't that against their human rights? If not it should be.

I agree. Don't think it violates our human rights, but it is damningly ridiculous, that's for sure.

Reply #321
Since Miley Cyrus' performance on the VMAs, I've seen an abundance of twerk videos on the internet. Call me old-fashioned but I believe this type of thing should be left behind closed doors. I understand that in today's world sex sells and can get you other things. Why though? What happened to morals, class, dignity and self-respect. Do guys really dig girl's like that? If I were a guy it'd be a turn off.

Reply #322
What happened to morals, class, dignity and self-respect.

Beats me, seems to be anything goes these days.

Do guys really dig girl's like that?

It's an age thing I guess. The majority wouldn't likely give a girl like that a second glance (probably tell her to go and put some clothes on most likely). But a teenage boy full of raging hormones??? Well they view things entirely differently altogether.

Reply #323

What happened to morals, class, dignity and self-respect.

Beats me, seems to be anything goes these days.

Do guys really dig girl's like that?

It's an age thing I guess. The majority wouldn't likely give a girl like that a second glance (probably tell her to go and put some clothes on most likely). But a teenage boy full of raging hormones??? Well they view things entirely differently altogether.

You have a point. I think they give the impression to youth that this acceptable behavior and this is how a lady should act. Let's hope it doesn't get worse.

Reply #324
I think they give the impression to youth that this acceptable behavior and this is how a lady should act.

How much of it is down to the individual or is it pressure from record company executives? I think the latter myself. You have to get your act noticed in the music business or they will sink without trace, if they have talent or not. No matter what you're selling be it fish fingers or music, you have to stand out from the rest of the competition.