Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461002 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #275
It stars Jason Statham.

Names of actors go over my head usually,  as I'm not really into films so have no idea who stars in what. 
A quick search on google though and I recognise his face from some TV interview somewhere.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #276
Well, if you haven't, I definitely recommend watching Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

Reply #277
Well, if you haven't, I definitely recommend watching Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

No thanks, just no interest in films at all, no matter how highly recommended they come.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #278

Glad you stuck to "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". If you'd gone with "Transporter", my respect for you would have been quite diminished.
"Snatch" is another good one Luxor could ignore.
Jason just really needs to stick with Guy Ritchie if he wants to do good movies...:D
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #279
Eh, The Transporter is decent enough if you like the genre (action junk exploitation films, or some such). But my weakness is movies like Double Indemnity, Kiss Me Deadly, The Night of the Hunter, Sunset Blvd., and that kind of thing.

Reply #280
"Snatch" is another good one Luxor could ignore.

Ah you know me too well.

Reply #281

Eh, The Transporter is decent enough if you like the genre (action junk exploitation films, or some such). But my weakness is movies like Double Indemnity, Kiss Me Deadly, The Night of the Hunter, Sunset Blvd., and that kind of thing.

So long as you're able to make such distinctions. It's frightening how many people will say how "great" a movie is with no qualifying...
Act like it!

Reply #282
It's frightening how many people will say how "great" a movie is with no qualifying...

You could say that about any medium really though couldn't you? Whether it's film, music, books etc.
I know I've been recommended some music by some artist and on listening to it thinking it was absolutely dire, even with recommendations from some folk who I would usually trust their judgement without question.

Reply #283
If you think you have things bad in this world, then take a minute to think it could be worse if you were a Lord or Lady in the UK.

Source
he had been left “scarred” after his dinner booking was cancelled suddenly. He complained that his wife was “unable to lunch elsewhere” because she was wearing a tiara.

My heart bleeds for them.

I really hope the people of Scotland make the right choice and rid ourselves of these people for good.

Reply #284
How does wearing a tiara make you unable to lunch elsewhere?

Reply #285
How does wearing a tiara make you unable to lunch elsewhere?

Beats me.
If I'm ever knighted I might have the answer for you. 

Reply #286

If you think you have things bad in this world, then take a minute to think it could be worse if you were a Lord or Lady in the UK.

Source
he had been left “scarred” after his dinner booking was cancelled suddenly. He complained that his wife was “unable to lunch elsewhere” because she was wearing a tiara.

My heart bleeds for them.

I really hope the people of Scotland make the right choice and rid ourselves of these people for good.

Well, if they do I'm sure the wealthy will be more than happy to supply all the vulgar behavior currently supplied by royalty...;)

Well, getting ready for the big snow storms to hit our area. Calling for 6-10 inches (15-24 cm) of snow. SOOOOOO glad I'm not working tomorrow so I don't have to take all those tech support calls for ppl remoting in...:D
Act like it!

Reply #287
Well, if they do I'm sure the wealthy will be more than happy to supply all the vulgar behavior currently supplied by royalty.

Those Lords and Ladies aren't even royalty (maybe in ye olden days it was different) though that would be bad enough if they were.  They are mostly ex members of parliament , or party donors who have given lots of money to the political party of their choice. There are a few common people who have got there through charity work and such, but damned few of them.

Well, getting ready for the big snow storms to hit our area. Calling for 6-10 inches (15-24 cm) of snow.

Keep it over there.

SOOOOOO glad I'm not working tomorrow so I don't have to take all those tech support calls for ppl remoting in...

Can't they call you at home?

Reply #288
Is it just me or does this Forum now have a new look?

Reply #291
Is it just me or does this Forum now have a new look?

Would have liked to have seen your reaction if everyone said "no it's just you" 

Reply #292
Quote from: expatri on 2014-02-03, 19:42:39Well, getting ready for the big snow storms to hit our area. Calling for 6-10 inches (15-24 cm) of snow.Keep it over there.

But mom always encouraged me to share...hehehe...;)

Quote from: expatri on 2014-02-03, 19:42:39SOOOOOO glad I'm not working tomorrow so I don't have to take all those tech support calls for ppl remoting in...Can't they call you at home?

They can try, but gosh, haven't noticed until tomorrow that the battery on my phone died last night...hehehe.
But got no sympathy for them. They took back all of our work at home equipment (including the discounted business class internet service), so let the feel the pain...
Act like it!

Reply #293
But mom always encouraged me to share...hehehe.

And did you always do what your mum told you?  Bet you can't honestly say yes to that one.
They can try, but gosh, haven't noticed until tomorrow that the battery on my phone died last night...hehehe

That's (ahem) convenient.

But got no sympathy for them. They took back all of our work at home equipment (including the discounted business class internet service), so let the feel the pain...

Poetic justice then. 

Reply #294

But mom always encouraged me to share...hehehe.

And did you always do what your mum told you?  Bet you can't honestly say yes to that one.

Anything she EXPLICITLY told me to do? For the most part. Implicitly...we may have some wiggle room on that...;)

They can try, but gosh, haven't noticed until tomorrow that the battery on my phone died last night...hehehe

That's (ahem) convenient.

Might not even notice until the day after tomorrow. Don't think about such things when enjoying cocktails in front of the fire while the snow piles up outside...:D

Poetic justice then. 

Amen. Let them feel the pain they made for themselves, I say...
Act like it!

Reply #295
Wow! What a difference it makes viewing this site with a tablet opposed to my phone. The color shades are a bit different.

Reply #296
Don't think about such things when enjoying cocktails in front of the fire while the snow piles up outside...

Who would? I know I wouldn't that's for sure. 

Wow! What a difference it makes viewing this site with a tablet opposed to my phone. The color shades are a bit different.

Different in a good way or a bad way?

Reply #297
Good :)

Reply #298
Good

Good to know. Frenzie is doing his best to make everyone happy.

Reply #299
Here's one for Syav
No Loch Ness Monster sightings for first time since 1925
Mr Campbell said it was the first time since 1925 that there had been no confirmed reports of the monster.

He said: "It's very upsetting news and we don't know where she's gone.

Could it be Mr Campbell that Nessie doesn't exist at all and that's why you don't know where it's gone.