Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460971 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #225
It's all about sod over there in Scotland, isn't it?

Quite coincidental and ironic, our helmetless experiences. Both breaking something other than our heads...hehehe..
Don't know about your one, but in my case I should have known better. It was snowing, there was black ice and it was a back road that had no chance of ever seeing a snowplough or a road gritter. Accident waiting to happen really.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #227
So what's the latest word on the latest version of the Opera browser? They're up to...what...18 now? Have they restored bookmarks? Is it less "twitchy" than 12.16 devolved into? Testify, peeps!!!
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #229

Twitchy?

Reduced response...less access to site previously accessible (for version 12.16)...total suckage as the browser for a media server (Plex) for what came after 12.16. Bookmarks, speed dial sync capabilities are also in question...
Act like it!

Reply #230
No problems here, but I know there are plenty of people staying with Opera… 12.14 I believe? And also with 11.64. I don't know, 11.64 seems a tad too old by now for general use.

Reply #231
So what's the latest word on the latest version of the Opera browser?

Still sucks, no redeeming qualities whatever.  Need I go on?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #232
Did you order a mouse online yet, Luxor? :D

Reply #233
Did you order a mouse online yet, Luxor?

Not yet, can't make up my mind which one to get from the few I've selected.
Probably doesn't matter as they are all pretty much the same, so I'll most likely have one ordered by the end of the day.

Reply #234

Did you order a mouse online yet, Luxor?

Not yet, can't make up my mind which one to get from the few I've selected.
Probably doesn't matter as they are all pretty much the same, so I'll most likely have one ordered by the end of the day.

Have you considered a trackball? I prefer them over mouses...:)
Act like it!

Reply #235
Have you considered a trackball? I prefer them over mouses.

Frenzie suggested one of them too elsewhere but as I said to him, I had one years ago gave it away as I could never get used to it. Besides a mouse is more within my budget.
Yes I'm a cheapskate.

Reply #236
Those trackballs look pretty neat. What's the difference between them and your traditional mouse? (Aside from looks)

Reply #237
You can use your fingers (or thumbs if you prefer) to roll the ball. A mouse depending on what you are scrolling only goes so far before you have to adjust it's position to carry on scrolling. No such limitation with a trackball. I would suggest trying before you buy one if you like the sound of the idea. Plenty people prefer them (good if you have manual dexterity problems) to mice, but other folk like me just can't get used to them. Too many years of using a mouse most probably.

Reply #238
Thanks. I was just curious. I never heard of them before y'all mentioned it. Like you said, it sounds like something I'd have to play with first if I decided to purchase one.

Reply #239
Frenzie suggested one of them too elsewhere but as I said to him, I had one years ago gave it away as I could never get used to it. Besides a mouse is more within my budget.

Linkie.

The good thing about the ones I linked is the size of the ball. Although the ones with a smaller ball are fine too, the bigger ball makes a lot of difference. There are at least three major styles with trackballs, which you don't really have with mice as strongly:
- large ball in middle, i.e. what I'm using
- ball on side specifically for thumb use, usually for righties only (I'm a leftie who likes to switch mouse hands occasionally)
- small to medium ball in middle, basically a budget version of the larger variety

My wife used this one (or rather its predecessor) for over a decade and replaced it with the newer model a couple of years ago. It's quite a nice device. There are other cheaper options, but I have no experience with that one.

Reply #240
If I didn't know any better I'd think this was a perverted conversation. I've learned a lot about ball size and hand preference. Sry I need help! :P

Reply #241
Quote from: Luxor
Yes I'm a cheapskate.

I've never tried trackball either. I'm using a basic Intellimouse hooked to my laptop and it only cost $14 :P

Reply #242
If I didn't know any better I'd think this was a perverted conversation. I've learned a lot about ball size and hand preference. Sry I need help!

You're such an innocent looking young lady too.
I'm using a basic Intellimouse hooked to my laptop and it only cost $14

That's my kind of budget. I've had mice that cost me less than £5.00 and ones that cost me over £30.00. Guess which ones lasted the longest?

Reply #244

If I didn't know any better I'd think this was a perverted conversation. I've learned a lot about ball size and hand preference. Sry I need help! :P

So, have you got any preferences yourself? ;)

Reply #245

So, have you got any preferences yourself? ;)

Not so much. Ball size? Pssshhh! :P I am naturally left handed with cross-dominance. There's no telling really which I'd prefer. If I had to guess, I figure it'd be the side that stimulates the left side of my brain. Hahaha

Reply #246
Don't all us lefties have "cross-dominance" due to living in a right-handed world?

Reply #247
Not all. I have some lefty friends that are strictly that. They even do that weird thing with their hand when they write, where I don't.

Reply #248

Yes I'm a cheapskate.

No...just Scottish...:D

Thanks. I was just curious. I never heard of them before y'all mentioned it. Like you said, it sounds like something I'd have to play with first if I decided to purchase one.

They, like the Scottish, are an acquired taste...;)

If I didn't know any better I'd think this was a perverted conversation. I've learned a lot about ball size and hand preference. Sry I need help!  :P

You are a sick, sick girl. Keep up the good work... ;D

Don't all us lefties have "cross-dominance" due to living in a right-handed world?

I've managed to maintain my "leftie-dominance" pretty much. Do have to make some accommodations for the right dominated world, but any time I can bend that world to my will...;)
Act like it!

Reply #249
They even do that weird thing with their hand when they write, where I don't.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about! :D

I've managed to maintain my "leftie-dominance" pretty much. Do have to make some accommodations for the right dominated world, but any time I can bend that world to my will...

Well, I'd be more inclined to call it ambidextrous. But there are some things I prefer to do with my right hand.