Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460925 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1325
It's a disaster if your home is flooded and you have to evacuate.

It sure is, thankfully nothing I've ever had to deal with.
The rain finally stopped about 7am this morning but the water level is still high. There's going to be a lot of damage once it subsides I think.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1326
True. Because that's my birthday.   ;D

A-ha! Now I know when Luxor's birthday comes. :D Not many people celebrate their birthday on Christmas Day, I consider that a blessing :up:

Reply #1327
Not many people celebrate their birthday on Christmas Day, I consider that a blessing  :up:

It has it's downsides. You lose out on the presents and you have extra cake to eat.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1328

It's very wet here today in my town, it has been heavy rain and 80mph winds all night and day.  Lot's of flooding and (if reports are to be believed) a thousand homes evacuated so far apparently. I've heard nothing but sirens all day. Thank goodness I am far enough away from the river not to be affected.

Glad you're not having to evacuate. Nashville flooded several years back. We were also lucky to live far enough away from the river. At the time, I was at a lake for my sister's wedding. One car almost got washed off the side of the foothill. After a few glasses of  :wine:, you tend to not worry about evacuating. Lol

Reply #1329
After a few glasses of   :wine: , you tend to not worry about evacuating. Lol

It's amazing how a drop of  :wine: can make things easier to bear.

Reply #1331
It makes me more susceptible to suggestion at times.   :-\

I'll be a gentleman and not ask just exactly what suggestions you are susceptible to, when you have had a drop of  :wine:;)

Reply #1332
Nobody else is here on Xmas Day except me and Luxor   :(

Reply #1333
Nobody else is here on Xmas Day except me and Luxor    :(

I only popped in between stuffing my face with food, to be honest.

Hope you had a nice Xmas.

Reply #1335
Yes, hope you had a nice Xmas as well  :)

Yes I did. Good food and nice presents, what more could I ask for.

Reply #1337
You only get to do it once a year on New Year's Eve. It is worth it  :hat:

It may be worth it if you can see it in with a nice whisky. It's harder to stay awake in anticipation, just for a glass of Orange juice when the clock hits midnight.  ;)   We will have a full house tomorrow, so will most likely be getting things ready for that anyway.  ;D

Reply #1338

I'll be a gentleman and not ask just exactly what suggestions you are susceptible to, when you have had a drop of  :wine:;)

Well it's not what you think. I'm more susceptible to singing and dancing.  ;)

Happy New Year to you all! :cheers:

Reply #1339
It may be worth it if you can see it in with a nice whisky. It's harder to stay awake in anticipation, just for a glass of Orange juice when the clock hits midnight.   ;)

I'm actually drinking coffee just to make sure I don't fall asleep at midnight. :)

Happy New Year everyone! :yes:

Reply #1340
Well it's not what you think. I'm more susceptible to singing and dancing.   ;)

Exactly what I was thinking.  ;D

I'm actually drinking coffee just to make sure I don't fall asleep at midnight.  :)

I made it to midnight, just. then promptly fell asleep.

Happy New Year to all.  :cheers:

Reply #1343
With it being a new year... does anyone have any new years resolutions? Or what are the most bizarre resolutions you've heard of?

Reply #1344

With it being a new year... does anyone have any new years resolutions? Or what are the most bizarre resolutions you've heard of?

My new year resolution was to stay healthy and not getting sick in 2016, because I got sick so often last year. But as of right now I already have a slight fever. :whistle:

Reply #1345
With it being a new year... does anyone have any new years resolutions?

I have none at all, never do. What about yourself?
Or what are the most bizarre resolutions you've heard of?

Can't say I've ever heard of any bizarre ones. It's usually the get fit, stop smoking, lose weight ones. that I hear about.

Reply #1346

With it being a new year... does anyone have any new years resolutions?

I have none at all, never do. What about yourself?

I usually don't either, however, this year I want to finish up my classes and apply to nursing school for spring 2017.  I do have one that's beyond my control and that's to make it another year without gray hair.  :lol:

Reply #1347
this year I want to finish up my classes and apply to nursing school for spring 2017.

I'm sure you shall succeed with that one.

I do have one that's beyond my control and that's to make it another year without gray hair.   :))

That one could be trickier to achieve, they are inevitable.

Reply #1349
I think you have to drink 20 pints of Guinness before you can see a leprechaun.  :drunk: