Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461142 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #150
I did get the flu vaccine this year simply because I didn't want to wear a mask the entire 12 hours of work for the duration of flu season. I'm probably just as much at risk as the next person but I take necessary precautions when I encounter such cases. Gowns, gloves, masks....etc. We see all kinds of nasty things which is why I double glove now.

Reply #151
I did get the flu vaccine this year simply because I didn't want to wear a mask the entire 12 hours of work for the duration of flu season.

Don't blame you. I had to wear the full mask, gloves and apron set-up on a recent visit to someone in hospital and I found the mask extremely annoying and that was only for an hour or so. Still it was for the patients benefit not mine.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #152

I did get the flu vaccine this year simply because I didn't want to wear a mask the entire 12 hours of work for the duration of flu season.

Don't blame you. I had to wear the full mask, gloves and apron set-up on a recent visit to someone in hospital and I found the mask extremely annoying and that was only for an hour or so. Still it was for the patients benefit not mine.

Yea, we get patients on neutropenic precautions from time to time. Is the person you visited going to be ok? Most people we see on that is because they immuno compromised.

Reply #153
Is the person you visited going to be ok?

Afraid not, we cremated him the week before Xmas.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #155
Thanks. He was a good age, must have been his time to go.

Reply #156
A low record of -23°F and wind chill at -55°F today in Minnesota. Heck, I could be living in the North Pole.

Reply #157
Heck, I could be living in the North Pole.

You didn't get drunk and take a wrong turning somewhere did you by any chance?

Reply #158

A low record of -23°F and wind chill at -55°F today in Minnesota. Heck, I could be living in the North Pole.

Isn't that pretty much the standard for Minnesota? I mean, guys generally don't see their testicles from December to June, right? ;)
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #159

Lets see...penguins? I'm lookin' for penguins. What, you mean I made a wrong turn all the way to the North Pole and no penguins?! Drats! Ah well, at least I didn't end up in the middle of the Winter Gobi Desert somewhere between Mongolia and Siberia. :P

Reply #160
Quote from: expatri
I mean, guys generally don't see their testicles from December to June, right?

Isn't it more like from October to June? ;)  But I usually say it as 'guys generally don't see women's  *(censored)* from October to June.' ;D

Reply #161
Lets see...penguins? I'm lookin' for penguins.

Is that all? Heck we can fix that for you, here you go. 

You will just have to wrap up well Syav to keep yourself nice and cosy. That will be no good to you if you are getting all that snow we are being shown over here on the news channels though. I doubt anything would keep you warm in that.

Reply #162

Lets see...penguins? I'm lookin' for penguins. What, you mean I made a wrong turn all the way to the North Pole and no penguins?! Drats! Ah well, at least I didn't end up in the middle of the Winter Gobi Desert somewhere between Mongolia and Siberia. :P

If you're looking for penguins then you made a really wrong turn. Those are at the South Pole. Got quite the hike ahead of you...;)
Act like it!

Reply #163
If you're looking for penguins then you made a really wrong turn. Those are at the South Pole. Got quite the hike ahead of you..

That's true right enough. I blame those movie makers in Hollywood for that you know. Especially that Happy Feet one that I had to suffer when we had a couple of youngsters visiting a couple of years ago.
Absolute torture that was.

Reply #164
If you're looking for penguins then you made a really wrong turn. Those are at the South Pole.

I haven't thought of that 'till you mention it. :D

Quote from: Luxor
I blame those movie makers in Hollywood for that you know.

I bet a lot of people are misinformed because of what they see from Hollywood movies. Obviously I'm one of 'em. :P

Reply #165
I bet a lot of people are misinformed because of what they see from Hollywood movies.

Ooh I think that's a certainty. The ones that rewrite history especially, I bet they've caused a few schoolchildren to fail their exams.

Reply #166

I bet a lot of people are misinformed because of what they see from Hollywood movies.

Ooh I think that's a certainty. The ones that rewrite history especially, I bet they've caused a few schoolchildren to fail their exams.

What? Are you saying that what's up on the screen is not a true and wholly accurate depiction of actual historical events? Say it ain't so!
Although that would go a long way towards explaining why I've never heard back from Star Fleet regarding my application to join the academy.
Act like it!

Reply #167
Although that would go a long way towards explaining why I've never heard back from Star Fleet regarding my application to join the academy.

Lol! ;D Try re-applying when Paramount plan to release another Star Trek movie. You'll also get a better chance if you pass the Star Fleet Manual exam first. ;)

Reply #168
You've probably not heard back because it's not happened yet. I don't know much about the Star Fleet (OK nothing, zero, zilch) but it's way in the future isn't it? So you might have to hold off for a few centuries before they ever get your letter and then get back to you.

Reply #169
ׂ

Reply #170
I think I just saw Frenzie on the Interwebs in this person's avatar.

There's a man and a dog in that picture, just exactly which one are you implying is Frenzie?

Reply #171
Zefram Cochrane will make First Contact with the Vulcans in 2063. Starfleet will be operational within a century.

That aside, I don't wear glasses and my wife's not a dog. :lol:

Reply #172
That aside, I don't wear glasses and my wife's not a dog. :lol:

That's a relief. About your wife that is, not your glasses or lack of.

Reply #173
Oh, but the lack of glasses is a relief too. It wouldn't make me very happy if I suddenly had to wear 'em. :)

Reply #174
It wouldn't make me very happy if I suddenly had to wear 'em.

Give it time, that day will probably arrive sometime in the future.