Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461159 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1300
Well,  I. end up going to  bed an hour later and got up 1 hour later, so I didn't get that extra hour of sleep before going to work :whistle:

Reply #1301
so I didn't get that extra hour of sleep before going to work  :whistle:

Did you have it at work instead?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1302
:lol: Nope. But I noticed people complaining and saying; "It should've been 7pm and time to go home, but instead it is only 6pm and we have to work another hour. "

Reply #1303
It's the folk doing the night-shift that I feel sorry for. An extra hour of work and I bet there's damn few employers who pay them for the extra hour that they work. I only have a friends employer to base that finding on, but I bet he's not alone.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1305
Sounds illegal.  :right:

Not all employers worry about little technicalities like that.

Reply #1306

It's the folk doing the night-shift that I feel sorry for. An extra hour of work and I bet there's damn few employers who pay them for the extra hour that they work. I only have a friends employer to base that finding on, but I bet he's not alone.

It was the first year in a long time I didn't have to work the extra hour.  :)

Reply #1307
Good to hear that, Amanda. :) I remember you were always working graveyard shifts at the hospital.

Reply #1308
It was the first year in a long time I didn't have to work the extra hour.   :)

Hope you didn't spend that extra hour just studying.

Reply #1310
I had some much needed adult beverages with a special someone.   ;D

I can think of no better way to use an extra hour.

Reply #1311
Just got done watching the movie Terminator Genisys. It was interesting to watch old Arnold Schwarzenegger fighting against a younger Arnold robot duplicate who looked at least 20 years younger. I wonder how they did that. Maybe it's a photo-animation visual effects :sherlock:

Reply #1312
I wonder how they did that. Maybe it's a photo-animation visual effects  :sherlock:

Computers would be heavily involved I would imagine, not that I would know of course. But everything else seems to be rendered on computers in movie land these days. So it's more than likely that they come in handy for just that type of situation when making a movie.

Reply #1313
Schwarzenegger fighting against a younger Arnold robot duplicate who looked at least 20 years younger. I wonder how they did that. Maybe it's a photo-animation visual effects  :sherlock:

lol, younger Arnold looked fairly well done but also very clearly CGI and a bit weird and shiny the way CGI people are wont to do. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suppose you didn't see it in theater on a large screen like I did, if only because that was a while ago. :P

Reply #1314
I didn't even know of this movie's existence. I still think it's weird seeing him as a political figure. Does he use some of the lines from these movies in his speeches like, "I'll be back!" as closing remark?  :P

Reply #1315
Yup he did say "I'll be back! " one time in Terminator Genisys and that famous remark just made me laugh. :D Here's a clip from Arnold vs Arnold. When old Arnold show up I think you'll notice that the 1st Arnold looked at least 20 years younger.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxiUx2lg4IQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Reply #1317

Yup he did say "I'll be back! " one time in Terminator Genisys and that famous remark just made me laugh. :D Here's a clip from Arnold vs Arnold. When old Arnold show up I think you'll notice that the 1st Arnold looked at least 20 years younger.

He does look significantly younger. Almost weird tho.

Then no one tell her what he did before acting... bahahaha

To bad someone already told me.  :whistle:

Reply #1318
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ri1EF4UCOY[/video]
Coincidentally.  :)

Reply #1320
Messi might transfer to Manchester City at $1.2 million per week.

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a while and I've no doubt Manchester City could afford him if they really wanted him.  But if I was Messi and I had the choice of nice, warm and sunny Barcelona, or wet, cold and grey Manchester. Then I would be staying where I was.  ;D

Reply #1321
That rumour has been doing the rounds for a while and I've no doubt Manchester City could afford him if they really wanted him.

Soccer news is a little behind here. Forget about that news going on the front page newspaper, it doesn't even exist on the sports section. The only thing shown on the sports section newspaper are NFL, basketball or baseball. :whistle:

But if I was Messi and I had the choice of nice, warm and sunny Barcelona, or wet, cold and grey Manchester. Then I would be staying where I was.   ;D

I think I would've done the same :D

Reply #1322
Soccer news is a little behind here. Forget about that news going on the front page newspaper,

It goes on the back pages here mostly, the only time it makes the front pages is if some England player picks up a bad injury pre world cup or similar.
Then they go over the top, such is the tragedy. ◀ "sarcasm"

Reply #1323
It's very wet here today in my town, it has been heavy rain and 80mph winds all night and day.  Lot's of flooding and (if reports are to be believed) a thousand homes evacuated so far apparently. I've heard nothing but sirens all day. Thank goodness I am far enough away from the river not to be affected.

Reply #1324
Glad to hear your house in not affected, Luxor! It's a disaster if your home is flooded and you have to evacuate.