Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460876 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1250
I think the soy milk makes it tastes like tofu rather than coconut.

Saying that it tastes more like tofu, just makes it sound even worse than I could imagine.
:beer: Can cool you down you know.  ;)
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1251
:beer:  Can cool you down you know.   ;)

:lol:
Unfortunately I'm trying to avoid beer, although I drink :wine: every now and then. But I don't think :wine: cools me down. :D

Reply #1252
Unfortunately I'm trying to avoid beer, although I drink  :wine:  every now and then. But I don't think  :wine:  cools me down.  ;D

Oh I don't know about that. Put a nice bottle of your favourite white wine in the fridge until it is chilled to the desired temperature, that should cool you down for a little while. Only problem is you might enjoy it a little bit too much.  :drunk:
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1253
Only problem is you might enjoy it a little bit too much.   :drunk:

That's the problem, I get all buzzed and tipsy before my wine has chance to cool me down :D

Reply #1254
You're supposed to pause between bottles.  :P

Reply #1255
:lol: Two glasses of :wine: is enough to get me buzzed :drunk:

No summer special tobacco flavor at your tobacco shop this year, Luxor?  :sherlock:

Reply #1256
No summer special tobacco flavor at your tobacco shop this year, Luxor?

There is, but all the description says, is that it is "Mild Summer Fruit". Which doesn't really tell me anything and isn't really helpful in trying to decide whether to purchase it or not. Might give it a miss this year.

Not a problem though, as I have been buying loose tobacco recently and have discovered a couple of new flavours I really like.  Two of them especially, Peach brandy and Cherry cream pie. Not as sweet as you would imagine and an excellent flavour. Has a nice aroma as well, so I don't get too much grief from my wife about the smell.

Reply #1257
Well, good to know there are different pipe tobacco flavors, an advantage you won't get with cigarette tobacco. At one point there were mini cigars with fruit flavors but those are now banned.

Reply #1258
At one point there were mini cigars with fruit flavors but those are now banned.

I can't remember fruit flavoured ones ever being on sale here. Of course, I've not bought a cigar for many a year, so maybe I just wasn't aware of them. I know we can buy chocolate flavoured ones, as a friend of mine smokes them often. If they can sell them here, I don't think selling fruit flavoured ones would be an issue. But as shops are not even allowed to display tobacco products here now, it's not as if I'll ever see them, even if they do sell them.

Reply #1259
Oh yeah there are now chocolate and other flavored cigars available. It was in USA that fruit flavored was banned, but I don't know about UK and Europe. I'm not surprised if fruit flavored cigars are now legal again in USA.

Reply #1260
It's kind of silly to ban something because it tastes of fruit. It's not as if the taste of the thing is going to harm you in any way.

Reply #1262
Don't you find it sweet tasting even though it is unsweetened?  Coconut has a natural sweetness I find, or maybe that's just my taste buds.   :P

It does, but it's fairly mild. Iirc it should be no more than about 3-5%, about a tenth of popular fruit juices and pop. But yeah, I'd just stick with plain old water and maybe the occasional bit of tea.

Reply #1263
The last time I drank coke was about a year ago, last summer. So I decided to drink some today after work. By the time I got home, I wasn't tired and fully awake. Now I'm kinda worried that I'm going to drink coke again on a daily basis. :whistle:

Reply #1264
Get more sleep or drink unsweetened tea or coffee instead. :P

Reply #1265
Can't remember the last time I had a coke.
Now I'm kinda worried that I'm going to drink coke again on a daily basis.

Don't buy it, then you can't drink it.  ;D

Reply #1266
Can't remember the last time I had a coke.

I don't comprehend what people (including my wife) like about the stuff. Regarding not buying it, precommitment is the key to loads of things, really.

Reply #1267
I don't comprehend what people (including my wife) like about the stuff.

When I'm hot it's of course wise to drink water. And I do. But I can drink the whole bottle flat out. Nothing quite quenches my thirst like an ice cold Dr. Pepper. Slower to drink and even enjoy it. There's no way that's not all in my head though. A matter of what you grow up with, I suppose.

Reply #1268
I prefer Dr Pepper to Coke, I think. But as far as sugary drinks go just about the only ones I actually like are grapefruit juice (and not from those super sweet grapefruits) and apple juice (unfiltered, not from those sickly sweet apples). But even so, I'd much rather just eat a grapefruit or an apple.

In any case, Coke and Fanta I find kind of revolting. Sprite does the opposite of quench thirst. Seven Up is okay, as far as these things go. Mountain Dew we don't have, but I tried it in the States and it was horrific ­— but then again, American pop tastes worse in America. Here in Europe American pop still has more or less the same recipe as in 1950. On a similar note, it's hilarious how McDonald's came out with a video of how their French fries have "only" 9[sorry, I meant 19] ingredients or some such, when in Europe they have 4 ingredients (icky vegetable oil, potato, salt, and dextrose — who knew fries needed dextrose, but that's McDonald's for you) — or rather 5 ingredients if you account for the fact that their vegetable oil is a sunflower/rapeseed mixture.

Reply #1269
I would rather have a Dr Pepper than a coke any day, it has been known to appear in my fridge from time to time. Usually the only coke that is around is at the new year, for the few folk who insist on putting it in their rum.

Reply #1270
but then again, American pop tastes worse in America.

Artificial sweetener. I prefer that, I think. I've only ever had a soda from Mexico once many years back. The flavor wasn't what I'm used to is all I can say. Wasn't "bad" per se. 

or the few folk who insist on putting it in their rum.

Only real use for the stuff is to mix it. A Coke Float is good (if you don't care for root beer).

Reply #1271
Dr Pepper is too heavy for my taste. I prefer Gatorade or juices without artificial flavoring. But I guess it's ok if I drink soda moderately every now and then.

Reply #1272
A Coke Float is good (if you don't care for root beer).

I do like a nicely chilled root beer on a hot summers day. So that's about once a year here.  :P

I guess it's ok if I drink soda moderately every now and then.

Like everything really.  :)

Reply #1273
Today we threw out forty-odd VHS tapes.
Classics and masterpieces. Quite sad, but we will never watch them again.

Reply #1274

Today we threw out forty-odd VHS tapes.
Classics and masterpieces. Quite sad, but we will never watch them again.

Why threw them away?  I have several VHS tapes lying around in a cabinet although I no longer have a VHS player.