Reply #125
Ahem...Mandi's new avatar is somewhat striking

Re: Random Chat

Reply #126
Is it just me or is half this thread about Mandi's avatar(s)? :P

Reply #127

Ahem...Mandi's new avatar is somewhat striking

If by "striking" you mean "looks like the kind of crazy woman my mother warned me to never bring home" then yes, quite striking indeed...:D

I think half might be a bit generous. Now half of the more recent posts might be more accurate...:)
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #128
Lol! That's the look you get when someone repeatedly takes pictures of me. I find this pic hilarious and scary all at the same time. I don't believe half of this thread as been about my avatars, however they've been the topic of conversation every time.  :D

Reply #129
Quote from: expatri
If by "striking" you mean "looks like the kind of crazy woman my mother warned me to never bring home" then yes, quite striking indeed...

Yup that's what I was thinking, Lol ;D

Are you sure it's not just you, Frenzie? ;D But I'd say 1/10 of this thread is about ohme giving away cookies if you're well-behaved although I haven't seen him for a while. :)

Reply #130
If by "striking" you mean "looks like the kind of crazy woman my mother warned me to never bring home" then yes, quite striking indeed...

It's probably got something to do with the hot/crazy scale.

Are you sure it's not just you, Frenzie?

At the time I posted there was only one post on this page. :D

Reply #131
I'd say 1/10 of this thread is about ohme giving away cookies if you're well-behaved although I haven't seen him for a while.

He just shows up as a "guest" next to his posts. I think he deleted his account the same day as he deleted his account over at My Opera.  :(
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #132
A safety message for those who are about to celebrate the new year with alcohol.

When you drink vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure.
When you drink rum over ice, it can give you liver failure.
When you drink whisky over ice, it can give you heart problems.
When you drink gin over ice it can give you brain problems.

Apparently, ice is really bad for you.
Take care out there.  ;D 
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #133
Quote from: Luxor
I think he deleted his account the same day as he deleted his account over at My Opera.

Why did he do that? I hope he is doing okay.

I don't even drink soda beverages with ice so I guess I'm doin' okay ;)

Reply #134
I don't understand what people like about ice-cold drinks. It hides the flavor of things that are otherwise unpalatable.

Reply #135
Why did he do that?

No Idea and I was quite surprised when I noticed it.   :(

I don't understand what people like about ice-cold drinks.

Neither do I especially where whisky is concerned. Sacrilege that is.  ;)

Reply #137
I'm more concerned that it leaves less room to pour more whisky in.   ;D

Reply #138

I'm more concerned that it leaves less room to pour more whisky in.   ;D

That's why you keep the extra whisky in a bottle...;)
Act like it!

Reply #139
That's why you keep the extra whisky in a bottle.

Could always just get rid of the glass of course and drink it straight from the bottle.  ;) 
Not that I have ever have done such a thing myself of course.  :-X

Reply #140

That's why you keep the extra whisky in a bottle.

Could always just get rid of the glass of course and drink it straight from the bottle.  ;) 
Not that I have ever have done such a thing myself of course.  :-X

Of course...not ever...;)
Act like it!

Reply #141
Did everyone have a quiet new year or did you overindulge?

Reply #142
Mine was your standard New Year's. Excessive consumption of adult beverages which led into being passed out shortly after midnight.  ;)

Reply #143

Excessive consumption of adult beverages which led into being passed out shortly after midnight.  ;)

That's the correct way to spend it.

Reply #144

Actually, I had a belated holiday meal with the folks as I was sick as a dog during Christmas. We did have a wonderful time together...:)
Act like it!

Reply #145
'Tis the season to be sickly....falalalala lalalala!  :P

Reply #146

Neither, I worked late on New Year's Eve and back to work on New Year's Day.  :-\

Reply #147

'Tis the season to be sickly....falalalala lalalala!  :P

Was the first time in years. Respiratory infections used to be an annual event, but had been spared the past few years. This year though...:(
Act like it!

Reply #148
Same here. I used to get bronchitis this time every year when I lived in WI. That's been 8 years. This year my sinus' are giving me fits. Since last Friday to be exact. I've seen a lot of flu cases at the hospital the past 3 weeks or so. Some with your standard flu symptoms and some with H1N1. One case with H1N1 passed at the age of 36. Mean little bug. Stay healthy folks!

Reply #149
Actually, I had a belated holiday meal with the folks as I was sick as a dog during Christmas. We did have a wonderful time together

Ah good that you managed to salvage some of the festivities eventually. 

Neither, I worked late on New Year's Eve and back to work on New Year's Day.

That's a bummer, hasn't your work place heard of holidays or are they just a bunch of Scrooges. 

One case with H1N1 passed at the age of 36. Mean little bug. Stay healthy folks!

Do you get vaccinated for that because of your job or are you just as much at risk as the rest of folk?