Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460888 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1175
The next day he was still convinced that he was immune to its effects and that anyone who was affected by it was a fool and somehow weak.

To people used to being drunk it can be underwhelming.

I used to have a party trick where I ran a little water over some shot glasses and froze them like a frosty mug. I could then flip a lit blunt around and blow smoke into the cold glass and it would condense in the glass like a liquid. People could then 'drink' it like a shot. it was more than enough to ring a few drunk heads. :devil:

Reply #1176
Those aren't really the same, btw. I actually have a hookah. 'Better' used for tobacco, although, it still makes me sick. It vaporizes as you inhale where a bong is about filling a reservoir with condensed smoke.  ;)

Thanks for clearing that out :up: There are a lot of Egyptians here in Minnesota and they like using the hookah. It was on the local news one time where a bunch of Egyptians go to this one coffee shop smoking hookah, and the news broadcaster interviewed those Egyptians about smoking hookah.

Reply #1177
There are a lot of Egyptians here in Minnesota and they like using the hookah.

It's a middle eastern cultural thing. I believe the hookah originates from around Arabia in ancient times.

Reply #1178
How far back in ancient times did a hookah first meet tobacco?

Reply #1179
FIIK. I didn't look it up. :P

But since you asked... Wiki suggests the seventh century. Seems it's Persian.

Reply #1180
It just occurred to me what you asked :doh:

1600 or so looks like when tobacco was introduced to the area (not ancient times, of course). I looked up when the waterpipe was invented.

Reply #1181
 :up:

Reply #1182
Lots of men should not wear shorts.
Lots of men should not wear shorts and should never have worn shorts.
Lots of men should be prohibited from ever wearing shorts, by law, or by physical force, if necessary.

Reply #1183
Lots of men should not wear shorts.
Lots of men should not wear shorts and should never have worn shorts.
Lots of men should be prohibited from ever wearing shorts, by law, or by physical force, if necessary.

Is there something about shorts that you're trying to tell us tt92?  :P
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1184
I live in a seaside village inhabited by lots of old farts with weird-looking legs.
I am one of them, but have a sense of civic responsibility. My weird-looking legs and their concomitant weird-looking knees spend their days covered by Levis and don't  blight the natural beauty of the place.

Reply #1185
Lets see...yup I think guys with very hairy legs should at least wear shorts that covers down to knee length :D

Reply #1186
I'm hoping that's not a self-portrait Syav.  ;D
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1187
LoL nope, fortunately I have lean skinny legs :D

Reply #1188
LoL nope

That's a relief.

Reply #1189
I'd like to step in and say....man or woman, some people should not wear them. There's some ladies with hairy legs too.

Reply #1190
There's some ladies with hairy legs too.

They must be the ones that don't use my razor.

Reply #1192
I strike back by using their shampoo.

Reply #1193
You let ladies use your razor?

It has been known to be have been borrowed, without my knowledge. I only find out when I try to use it on my face.  :eek:

Reply #1194
It is now 11pm...damm, should've been 10pm if it wasn't for that stupid Daylight Savings. Lost an hour for no good reason  :irked:

Reply #1195
It is now 11pm...damm, should've been 10pm if it wasn't for that stupid Daylight Savings.

I didn't realise that it was that time of year for you already. I must check my calendar to see when ours changes.

Lost an hour for no good reason   :irked:

Yeah that sucks. You will gain an hour later in the year though.  :P

Reply #1196
I didn't realise that it was that time of year for you already. I must check my calendar to see when ours changes.

I'm pretty sure it's always the last Sunday of March, while for America it's the second. ;)

Reply #1197
I'm pretty sure it's always the last Sunday of March, while for America it's the second.  ;)

Yes, you are correct, it's the 29th of March for us apparently.

Reply #1198
And down here in this end of the world it is the other way around.
Or something.

Reply #1199
Yeah that sucks. You will gain an hour later in the year though.   :P

Yup, I remember back in November Daylight Savings when I get to sleep an extra hour before I had to get up and go to work :yes:

And down here in this end of the world it is the other way around.
Or something.

I'm guessing while we're wearing Winter clothes here, people in the Southern hemisphere are jogging in their shorts and wearing swimsuits to the beach.