Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 460903 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1150
I don't know if it's just me, but all I got from Dnd forum was a blank page last night . :left:

Reply #1151
I don't know if it's just me, but all I got from Dnd forum was a blank page last night .

Not just you Syav. See here.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1152
Thanks, Luxor! I was looking for some type of announcement on Dnd but couldn't find it :D

Reply #1153
A day to call in sick from nausea  :ko: What was it that helps...is it ginger & tea? :left:

Reply #1154
What was it that helps...is it ginger & tea?  :left:

Ginger definitely, try ginger ale as that was what Mandi suggested. As she is the only one of us who is medically qualified, that's good enough for me.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1155
You mean ginger ale beverage? Hmm I don't feel like going out shopping when the temp is -1°F/-18°C :eyes: Guess I'll stick with ginger & tea for now.

Reply #1156
Hmm I don't feel like going out shopping when the temp is -1°F/-18°C  :eyes:

Can't say I blame you.
Guess I'll stick with ginger & tea for now.

It's the ginger that is supposed to help, so how you take it shouldn't make much difference.

Reply #1157
Thanks Luxor! I'm wondering how it'll taste like if I put a dash of ginger in my coffee :whistle:

Reply #1158

Reply #1159

A day to call in sick from nausea  :ko: What was it that helps...is it ginger & tea? :left:

Plain white rice can be helpful too. And if you're in Colorado or Washington, pot is legal and very good for nausea. Of course if you're not in either state that doesn't mean it's not attainable, but there varying levels of risk...
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #1160
Plain white rice can be helpful too

Really? I should try that :up:

And if you're in Colorado or Washington, pot is legal and very good for nausea. Of course if you're not in either state that doesn't mean it's not attainable, but there varying levels of risk...

:lol: Nope, I've seen people getting arrested while smoking pot at the bus stop. So that wouldn't be my choice :D

Reply #1162

And if you're in Colorado or Washington, pot is legal and very good for nausea. Of course if you're not in either state that doesn't mean it's not attainable, but there varying levels of risk...

:lol: Nope, I've seen people getting arrested while smoking pot at the bus stop. So that wouldn't be my choice :D

Well, I certainly wouldn't recommend smoking it at the bus stop; doing that takes a special kind of stupid. They must have been on drugs or something... :lol: ;)
Act like it!

Reply #1163
They must have been on drugs or something...  :lol:   ;)

Lol! Oh yeah, I guess in Colorado or Washington smoking pot may be called "prescription marijuana" rather than illegal drugs. ;)

Reply #1164

They must have been on drugs or something...  :lol:   ;)

Lol! Oh yeah, I guess in Colorado or Washington smoking pot may be called "prescription marijuana" rather than illegal drugs. ;)

Actually, there are several states that allow medical marijuana, but Colorado and Washington have completely legalized it, like tobacco or liquor. No Dr.'s note needed...:D
Act like it!

Reply #1165
Actually, there are several states that allow medical marijuana, but Colorado and Washington have completely legalized it, like tobacco or liquor. No Dr.'s note needed... :D

Oh wow, really? Hmm...nope, I'm not a fan of smoking pot so I'll just stay here in Minnesota. :D

Reply #1166
Oh wow, really? Hmm...nope, I'm not a fan of smoking pot so I'll just stay here in Minnesota.  ;D

Are you worried that smoking pot would be compulsory Syav.  :))

Reply #1167

Actually, there are several states that allow medical marijuana, but Colorado and Washington have completely legalized it, like tobacco or liquor. No Dr.'s note needed... :D

Oh wow, really? Hmm...nope, I'm not a fan of smoking pot so I'll just stay here in Minnesota. :D

And it so happens Minnesota is a medical marijuana state. Kinda strict about it though, so unless your nausea is cause by the conditions described in the law, I'd say contact your local dealer, make sure you have some incense and self medicate in the privacy of your own home (as opposed to a bus stop or some such silliness)...

Minnesota
SF 2470  (200 KB) -- Signed into law by Gov. Mark Dayton on May 29, 2014
Approved: By Senate 46-16, by House 89-40
Effective: May 30, 2014
Approved Conditions: cancer (if the underlying condition or treatment produces severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting), glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, Tourette's syndorme, ALS, seizures/epilepsy, severe and persistent muscle spasms/MS, Crohn's disease, terminal illness with a life expectancy of under one year.
The commissioner will consider adding intractable pain and other conditions, and must report findings no later than July 1, 2016.
Possession/Cultivation: The Commissioner of Health will register two in-state manufacturers for the production of all medical cannabis within the state. Manufacturers are required to ensure that the medical cannabis distributed contains a maximum of a 30-day supply of the dosage determined for that patient.

"Medical cannabis" is defined as any species of the genus cannabis plant delivered in the form of (1) liquid, including, but not limited to, oil; (2) pill; (3) vaporized delivery method that does not require the use of dried leaves or plant form. Smoking is not a method approved by the bill.
Act like it!

Reply #1168

Oh wow, really? Hmm...nope, I'm not a fan of smoking pot so I'll just stay here in Minnesota.  ;D

Are you worried that smoking pot would be compulsory Syav.  :))

Not at all :D I tried smoking pot from a bong (hookah) at a party once, it knocked me out and I felt sick afterwards :whistle: Nope, no thanks. I'm happy with my e-cig :yes:

Reply #1170
Not at all  :D  I tried smoking pot from a bong (hookah) at a party once, it knocked me out and I felt sick afterwards  :whistle:  Nope, no thanks. I'm happy with my e-cig  :yes:

Sensible idea to be honest. I tried smoking pot a couple of times when I was younger and it did absolutely nothing for me. So I decided to stick to the normal vices of alcohol and tobacco.

Reply #1172
Sounds like you got ripped off.

If it hadn't been having the desired effect on the others I was with. I would probably have thought that myself.

Reply #1173
If it hadn't been having the desired effect on the others I was with.

It affects people differently. Compared to other substances, like alcohol or even caffeine, the effects can be dismissed. Smoking it of course not being so healthy a choice.

a bong (hookah) at a party once,

Those aren't really the same, btw. I actually have a hookah. 'Better' used for tobacco, although, it still makes me sick. It vaporizes as you inhale where a bong is about filling a reservoir with condensed smoke. ;)   

Reply #1174
A long time ago, when we were all much younger, a workmate of mine was persuaded to try smoking pot. He was quite sure it wouldn't affect him, and said so loudly and repeatedly.
He giggled a lot and kept taking off his right shoe and doing complicated things with its lace. He winked knowingly, dozed a bit and got the munchies, quite comprehensively. The next day he was still convinced that he was immune to its effects and that anyone who was affected by it was a fool and somehow weak.
Come to think of it, he was an unpleasant character at the best of times and an obnoxious drunk.