Skip to main content
Topic: Random Chat (Read 461019 times)

Re: Random Chat

Reply #1100
And Luxor, you may actually like the Lord of the Rings movies.

Highly unlikely, I can assure you.
Mr. Jackson did a very good job of recreating Tolkien's rich environment...

So many have told me the very same thing. Still never been tempted though.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1101

And Luxor, you may actually like the Lord of the Rings movies.

Highly unlikely, I can assure you.
Mr. Jackson did a very good job of recreating Tolkien's rich environment...

So many have told me the very same thing. Still never been tempted though.

Well, so long as you're keeping an open mind about it... :rolleyes:
You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it!

Reply #1102
Well, so long as you're keeping an open mind about it...  ::)

Sorry bud. But watching movies will never be high on my list of priorities. Doubt it would even make it on my list of things to do.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #1104

Well, so long as you're keeping an open mind about it...  ::)

Sorry bud. But watching movies will never be high on my list of priorities. Doubt it would even make it on my list of things to do.

I should know by now that Luxor prefer reading a book rather than watching a movie. :sherlock:

Hmmm...perhaps if he were to read the books while watching the movies...;)
Act like it!

Reply #1105
Hmmm...perhaps if he were to read the books while watching the movies... ;)

:)) Wouldn't that be much the same as watching a film with subtitles?

Reply #1106
Hmmm...perhaps if he were to read the books while watching the movies... ;)

:lol: Can Luxor read an entire novel in 2 hours while watching a movie? That way by the time Luxor is finished reading the novel, the movie will end at the same time. :yes:

Wouldn't that be much the same as watching a film with subtitles?

Maybe not, but you definitely get all the sound effects from the movie while you're reading your book :D

Reply #1107
:))  Can Luxor read an entire novel in 2 hours while watching a movie? That way by the time Luxor is finished reading the novel, the movie will end at the same time.  :yes:

There's no chance of me reading them that quickly. I'm no speed-reader.

Maybe not, but you definitely get all the sound effects from the movie while you're reading your book  ;D

That would be far to distracting. I like to read my books in peace and quiet, no sound effects required.

Reply #1108
Just change over to a new broadband provider today.
It should have gone smoothly, but they had the wrong details in the router they supplied.
Fortunately it was the first thing I noticed, so all good now.

Reply #1109

Just change over to a new broadband provider today.
It should have gone smoothly, but they had the wrong details in the router they supplied.
Fortunately it was the first thing I noticed, so all good now.

You expected a smooth change-over?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Act like it!

Reply #1110
You expected a smooth change-over?   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Yeah, should have known better, shouldn't I.

Reply #1112
Maybe you're a latent optimist... ;D

Well, I'm a glass half full type of guy normally. So maybe you're not far off the mark there.
But really, it shouldn't be difficult to actually get it right. Don't know how it works for you guys over there, but here you get a phone call or text message to notify you that your broadband order is now complete. So you plug in your router and off you go. That would have been the case for me, if only they had put in the correct user name. At least I noticed it and didn't have to give them a call to sort it out.

Reply #1113

Maybe you're a latent optimist... ;D

Well, I'm a glass half full type of guy normally. So maybe you're not far off the mark there.
But really, it shouldn't be difficult to actually get it right. Don't know how it works for you guys over there, but here you get a phone call or text message to notify you that your broadband order is now complete. So you plug in your router and off you go. That would have been the case for me, if only they had put in the correct user name. At least I noticed it and didn't have to give them a call to sort it out.

Yes...sounds fairly idiot-proof. But never underestimate the determination of idiots...hehehe...
Act like it!

Reply #1114
Seems Vivaldi has launched their new browser. Anybody had the chance to take it out for a spin yet?
Act like it!

Reply #1116
I was in a bus this morning when the bus suddenly stopped, then I heard someone outside shouted "Put the gun down! " So I looked out the bus window and saw a cop pointing his gun and he was aiming 12inches away from my head. :eyes: My reaction was "Oh sh* t!!" and I dashed away to the front seats. Then another cop got into the bus and said, "Okay everybody hands up" and then he said,  "We need everyone to get off the bus, one person at a time. " When I got off bus, there was another cop pointing at the bus with his automatic rifle. Damm...it almost felt as if I was in an action movie except that the cop with his automatic rifle was real. :eyes:  :whistle:

Reply #1117
…was there a dangerous criminal on the bus? Whereabout do you live? O_o

Reply #1118
My reaction was "Oh sh* t!!" and I dashed away to the front seats.

Was that wise? I think the last thing to do in that situation is to make a sudden movement.
That's easy for me to say of course, as I've never been in that sort of situation.

Reply #1119
…was there a dangerous criminal on the bus? Whereabout do you live? O_o

Apparently the police squad held the wrong bus and the criminal was on another bus. :whistle: The cop that yelled "Put the gun down! " was pointing his gun at a wrong suspect. :whistle: I was on my way to work and the bus was going through a high crime area went it happened.

Was that wise? I think the last thing to do in that situation is to make a sudden movement.

The cop was pointing his gun at someone behind me. Heck, the last thing thing I need is bullets flying around 12 inches away from where I was sitting. So I guess it depends on the situation; you don't want to move around and get in the way, that's for sure.

Reply #1120
I would of went straight for the floor.

Reply #1121
The cop was pointing his gun at someone behind me. Heck, the last thing thing I need is bullets flying around 12 inches away from where I was sitting. So I guess it depends on the situation; you don't want to move around and get in the way, that's for sure.

Definitely not. Unless your name is Superman, of course.
I would of went straight for the floor.

That would probably be the best thing to do, even better if you could crawl under the seat. Though you might have to be fairly petite to manage that.

Reply #1122

That would probably be the best thing to do, even better if you could crawl under the seat. Though you might have to be fairly petite to manage that.

Non issue for me. :/

Reply #1123
Non issue for me. :/

That makes 2 of us.

Reply #1124
. Heck, the last thing thing I need is bullets flying around 12 inches away from where I was sitting.

In the interest of accuracy, perhaps that is the SECOND last thing you want.